Handguns

mudd,
don't get down about that.

I think the great deal of gun owners at least understand your point, even if we don't think the same way.
I totally respect your view and as long as you don't try to pass laws taking my right away to have a gun, I will never try to pass a law requiring you to own a gun.:purple: :purple: :purple: :purple: :purple: :purple:

And I do respect your choice to not live in fear. I myself don't live in fear, I just live "prepared for the worst", maybe you'll say I'm walking a fine line, well say howdy to Johnny Cash!!:purple: :purple: :purple: :purple:

And your how old??? man. :D

I don't think gun owners or those who carry live in fear, Its like everyone locks their cars, alarms, locking gas caps and so on. I think for me its how I was brought up, I was always told to be ready to defend my country, family, property and myself I just choose to do that with a .357 my uncles all seem to like semi's. My neighbour likes a bat but says "if I have trouble I'm calling you then 911". I grew up and still am in a law enforcement family, one that has always felt for victims, not scared but well informed. For me its a part of life (meaning handguns) , for others its not. Gotta tell ya though, I can't help but believe If everyone one carried a gun there would be less crime , but then I grew up as a gun owner and handler, you show respect to it and those around you and don't act a fool. That may not be the case for everyone and thats why law enforcement is such a huge employer in our great country. It all starts when your just a young buck maybe the schools should be allowed to spank again.... Its OK not to carry if its not for you, me on the other hand, its always been a part of life, like having a spare tire I guise.

The Second Amendment

We the people, of the United Stated have a very unique law, “The second amendment”.

“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed”.

The Right to keep and bear arms, a law once meant to keep our government honest and true to the people. But many today use it as a rallying cry to say our government is dishonest, by there banning our weapons, taking away certain types of our weapons, soon we are going to be just like the British and Australian’s.

Well I don’t see any human right violations in either country by their government, to be in fact there standard of living is comparable to ours. So that doesn’t work anymore.
If the state you live in doesn’t allow you to own a semi automatic weapon and you don’t like it….move, it’s a free country. The Government doesn’t say you have to live here. If the Government is banning the sale of certain “new” types of weapons, buy it now before they do, its not saying you cant own them they just don’t want the manufactures selling them anymore. If you want a class three, automatic, well go apply for the tax stamp, your government allows you to own them, it take up to 180 days but you can own a Uzi if that’s your desire.

The second amendment doesn’t say you have to own a gun, it just gives the right, to American citizens, the right, if they choose to keep and bear arms. If someone today doesn’t want to own a gun we as Americans should respect that individuals decision. To be in fact, its stated in the “first Amendment” that we have the right to freedom of speech, to shout at the top of there lungs that they don’t like them or want them, and the Fourteenth, freedom and liberty. Meaning he or she doesn’t have to exercise any of his or her rights like owning a gun. If anyone who claims one right of the Constitution, he or she needs to respect the twenty six other ones. And that means we as American citizens have to stand there and take their yelling of their rights and we have to respect it because they have to stand there and see us exercising our rights by owning guns.

What it all boils down to here we as jeepers need to show each other the same respect we ask for to others here on the board, and that means if we dont like their decisions or points of view, so be it. Because they have the right to their own opinion just like we do. Just dont flame them for it.

Utah Jeeper
Steven Weick

Last edited:

What it all boils down to here we as jeepers need to show each other the same respect we ask for to others here on the board, and that means not liking their decisions or points of view, so be it. Because they have the right to their own opinion just like we do.

Utah Jeeper
Steven Weick

Amen, Ute.;)

I want a Thompson sub machine gun. I hear you can have one for about $5k. I really don't care anything about full autos or even assault rifles, but Tommy guns are just cool. I think my grandad carried one in WWII.

Mud, I don't have any problem with you expressing your opinion in this thread. I do it all that time ;)

If everyone had the same views and opinions we would all be like drones.

I might do a little "window shopping" tonight :) Not ready to buy yet but I want to check pricing and hold a few I have been considering.

I want a Thompson sub machine gun. I hear you can have one for about $5k. I really don't care anything about full autos or even assault rifles, but Tommy guns are just cool. I think my grandad carried one in WWII.

I saw a BAR for 8 thousand. I would almost go through the hassle of getting my FFL to have one of those or a grease gun.

I love the old WWII weapons those men fought with.8)

Actually you can get a semi auto version now for around a grand.

http://www.tommygun.com/

As for the original question about carrying a weapon.
The most improtant thing is that the weapon fits you. Feels good in your hand and points well.
Use this criteria to choose a handgun and it ismuch easier to become proficient with it.
We all buy things based on "cool " factor guns included. But for a personal carry weapon practicality should come first. After that buy anything else that strikes your fancy.

Check out some of the gun forums for more in detailed discussion and tips.

www.perfectunion.com
www.thehighroad.org
www.pafoa.org

...............I totally respect your view and as long as you don't try to pass laws taking my right away to have a gun, I will never try to pass a law requiring you to own a gun.:purple: :purple: :purple: :purple: :purple: :purple:............

And your how old??? man. :D

I think y'all need to read my post again......I'm not against owning guns, I own a few myself (3 shotguns, one .22).......I've just got a problem with handguns. (Sorry I chose your post, 90......could've chosen others, I just thought I'd jab you a little :purple: :purple: :purple: :purple: ).

And, I'm 53!!!!!! But actually, mudwoman and I agree that once you hit 50, you start counting backwards...........so I'm 47!! (still old in some folks eyes, I guess:lol: :lol: :lol: ).

Anyway, I'm out again (unfortunately, my curiosity forces me to read everything).

Peace to all (need I reiterate??),
mud

I used to have a Sten 9mm with a silencer. Now that was cool! With the silencer on it, pretty much all you'd hear was a very faint "pop" over the sound of the bolt ratcheting back and forth and casings hitting the ground! Man, that was sooooooo sweet!8)

I used to have a Sten 9mm with a silencer. Now that was cool! With the silencer on it, pretty much all you'd hear was a very faint "pop" over the sound of the bolt ratcheting back and forth and casings hitting the ground! Man, that was sooooooo sweet!8)

Doesn't it cost boo coo to register one of those silencers?

:lol: :lol:
Ever notice how, on TV - the "fictional" life, the dudes with the Thompson's or Uzi's can't hit squat, then the "good guys" pull out an old snub-nosed .38 special and take out five baddies with 3 shots????

I hold an FFL and love all sorts of hand guns. 1st if you need to ask you need to go to someone in your area that will show you all sorts of hand guns. Read a few of the up to date rags on the subject and then touch, hold, slobber on, and plain see what feels good to you. Picking a gun is like picking a shirt or a tooth brush. Buy what feels good to you. It is a very personal item. I own and carry several different weapons love them all for what they are and what they can do. From the .500 S&W down to the 17HMR. I do love em all and all for different reasons. Personal carry for me is a Para Ordance Warhog clone of a 1911 style 45 acp. Back up is a .32acp Beretta Tomcat. Mossberg 835 Tactical Shotgun All Tricked Out for home deffence and rifles rangeing from 17 cal to a 45-70 gov. What works for one may not work for you and what works for me may not be worth a flip for any one else here at jeepz. Thems the breaks. The right to keep and bare arms is a strong belief in my home and I will never give em up to this goverment or any other. Remember Gun Control is never haveing to say I Miss You! hehehe tug

Here is a pic of one of my long guns that I have never shot but really want to, but I guess I will not. For those who may have been living in a cave for the last two years, history changed last Jan when Winchester quit making the Model 94 and Model 70. They actually closed their plant so a new model 94 that you could get for a couple hundred bucks 8 months ago has now shot up very high since you cant find them. Anyway, not a Winchester expert here so feel free to correct me if I have stated anything incorrectly, but I do love this rifle, it's a Buffalo Bill commemorative that was made in 68.

Attachments

• DSC00754.JPG
    DSC00754.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 173

Good is a relative term. Who are you shooting, where are you shooting them from, and what is comfortable in your hand and fits where you want it to should be the questions you ask when doing your research.

Here is a pic of one of my long guns that I have never shot but really want to, but I guess I will not. For those who may have been living in a cave for the last two years, history changed last Jan when Winchester quit making the Model 94 and Model 70. They actually closed their plant so a new model 94 that you could get for a couple hundred bucks 8 months ago has now shot up very high since you cant find them. Anyway, not a Winchester expert here so feel free to correct me if I have stated anything incorrectly, but I do love this rifle, it's a Buffalo Bill commemorative that was made in 68.

Nice little cap gun ya got there!! I've got one in .30-.30, my brother has one in .44 Magnum, and a friend of ours has one in .357. I've always wanted one in .357. Being able to shoot both .357 and .38 would keep it cheap to operate, plus with my 30-30, I can only shoot about 5 rounds before I'm done for the day! The .357/.38 would be so much easier on the ol' shoulder!:p

Oh, yeah....I bought mine at a gun show back in the late '80s for about $100, and it doesn't have a mark on it and shoots straight as an arrow!

We have 3 30-30's here. I have a model 94AE (angle eject), my father in law has a real old one with the octagon barrel and a pre-64.

Several other guns too.

Good is a relative term. Who are you shooting, where are you shooting them from, and what is comfortable in your hand and fits where you want it to should be the questions you ask when doing your research.
Well as a carry weapon I meant to be vague. Although I hope to never need it the feasibility of it being used in many different scenarios is a huge factor.

Last edited:
Back