Headlights for an 05 Wrangler - sealed or semi-sealed?

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
I'm looking at new headlamps for my 05 TJ, and the salesman asked if my lights are sealed or semi-sealed. Does anyone know which I have?

My 05 had sealed beams when new. That was one of the things that sold me the Jeep (I said, WOW- REAL GLASS HEADLIGHTS!!... The salesman gave me a funny look like I was a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic:p). I replaced them with sealed beams again when they died. I like them because if you break one in the field it's a cheap fix and you get a whole new light every time so no fogged headlights. Break one of those Hella "motorcycle" lights and you're out quite a few bucks. I put the Hella motorcycle lights in my old Dodge truck and they did very well, though... I have to admit, the light pattern was superior. Best of luck - John

Just look at the back of the light.If all you have is a plug and you have to change the whole light you have a sealed unit.If you have a bulb that removes from the back side you have a semi sealed.

For sure......sealed. I was looking into a Delta quad bar Xenon kit for my 05 Rubi. Spensive, but it seems like it would be worth it to have that extra bright blue light to see every detail whilst driving!

you went to auto zone huh. the only thing they can do is read you questions off the computer.

I went in there one time looking for some 7/16-20 open lug nuts for a trailer, here is how that went
Autozone guy: year make and model
Me: doesn't matter, I need a 7/16-20 open lug nut
Autozone guy: I need a make and model to look it up.
Me: there is no make or model, I just need the lug nuts, aren't they in a box behind the counter
Autozone Guy: yes, but how will I know the part number
Me: doesn't it say 7/16-20 on the package?
Autozone guy: Yes, but how will I know it's the right part number?
Me: Seriously, do you mind if I just look myself
Autozone guy: sure, but I dobt you will find the right part number

SO he hands me the big box, full of nothing but 7/16-20 open lug nuts, I grabbed the 6 I needed and paid and left dumber thanks to him.

Oh, you have sealed beams, TJ's were all sealed beams from the factory, you can aftermarket upgrade to a non-sealed lens, wast of cash IMHO, and I have them on my YJ

you went to auto zone huh. the only thing they can do is read you questions off the computer.

I went in there one time looking for some 7/16-20 open lug nuts for a trailer, here is how that went
Autozone guy: year make and model
Me: doesn't matter, I need a 7/16-20 open lug nut
Autozone guy: I need a make and model to look it up.
Me: there is no make or model, I just need the lug nuts, aren't they in a box behind the counter
Autozone Guy: yes, but how will I know the part number
Me: doesn't it say 7/16-20 on the package?
Autozone guy: Yes, but how will I know it's the right part number?
Me: Seriously, do you mind if I just look myself
Autozone guy: sure, but I dobt you will find the right part number

SO he hands me the big box, full of nothing but 7/16-20 open lug nuts, I grabbed the 6 I needed and paid and left dumber thanks to him.

Oh, you have sealed beams, TJ's were all sealed beams from the factory, you can aftermarket upgrade to a non-sealed lens, wast of cash IMHO, and I have them on my YJ
LMAO Johhny, i can see you doing that with such a sarcastic face..:lol::lol:

Back