headlights

98 Jeep

Is it odd that both front headlights would go out at the very same time? I have no headlights, but I do have high beams which I had to use to drive with last night. Any ideas? Also we were checking this out this morning, when I pull the wiper back to put the high beams on they wouldn't stay on. Is there something wrong or am I doing something wrong. Not use to all this hi tech stuff since I have the 89 Firebird all these years and that car has nothing in it but the basics.

The highbeams and driving lights are in the same bulb. It's just different filaments. So try replacing the whole bulb. And the thing with them staying on. I know on my TJ. If you pull it's momentary and if you push the lever its permanent. Also for them to work you must have the light plunger in the out/on position for dedicated highbeams to work. If this doesn't work than I have no clue but this should solve it

in my 97 tj if u have the light knob out only one click the hi beams will still flash on if u pull the leaver back
if oyu have the knob right out the low beams will be on untill you push the signal light lever forward as the previous reply said
i have had both low beams burn out at the same time on my ford ranger i really dont think it is that uncommon for it to happen

In my jeep, I've something go wrong with the knob and the connections with it, I had the same problem and was wiggling the knob until it came out, when and pulled all the fuses etc, and long story short I put the knob back in and the connection was made again, and now my lights work fine.

I have never seen both headlights go out at the same time before. :lol:

Back