Heater Problem

where is the door located

If it's the Blend door causing it, it's inside the HVAC housing. the only way to check that is to access the door actuator itself and move the door pivot manually. Have you checked for Vacuum leaks? , the actuators are vacuum controled just in case you didn't know that.

Last edited:

Here's a picture of it's location.

Attachments

• Blend door.bmp
    147 KB · Views: 639
Thinking back to when the heat quit working?--i had a freeze plug go bad , heat was working before then -put in new freeze plug ,feeled with water got home, next day drained radiador really realy rusty water came out prob freeze plug prob.flushed with water for awhile then run two things of flush threw it topped every thing off with water and coolant NO HEAT sense

Depending on the severity of the contamination in the cooling system, you might need to flush it several times, including the heater core.

ALright ill give it a good flushing tom. i geuss if that dont work ill go with a new water pump, if that dont work ill start packing my bags FLORIDA sounds preety good

OK today i flushed every thing out -hooked water hose up to every thing rad.heater core,run water through the block.got real good flow of clean water every where,did this SEVERAL times for about 2 hrs. hooked every thing back up ,STILL NO HEAT! heater hoses still not heating up under the hood ,if the water pump was going out would it be overheating? ive tried every thing i know short of start changing parts! BYE the way really good sight u guys have been realy helpful thanks

How cold is outside?It may not over heat with a bad water pump if it is cold enough outside.Also what is your temp gauge reading.I know mine will go to about 205 till it opens but then drops to 180.If you are not getting the fluctuation.It could be the water pump.

Once the engine is warmed up,have you tried to squeeze the top radiator hose?

It should be warm to touch and firm.If it is very soft and cold you have no water flow.

If your temp. gauge shows 200 degrees or Higher ,with a Bad water pump it will just keep increasing temperature until an overheat condition occurs. Tony has a point on verifying flow with temp. difference between the upper and lower Radiator hoses after warm up. Run the engine until it reaches around 200 degrees(Granted that your thermostat is a 195 degree) this should be enough to open up your t.stat and circulate the coolant. feel the temp. very carefully without burning your hands and getting cought with any moving components on the engine, feel the upper Rad. hose temp. and compare it to the lower rad hose. is it about the same?, if not,it's either the t.stat has not opened yet or you could possibly have a partially plugged up radiator or maybe a Bad t.stat..Use a rag or a thick glove to protect your hands, squeeze the upper rad. hose. does it feel hard?, compare it to the lower rad. hose, is it the same? if not, there is a difference in temperature between the two.Bad Radiator. do this test before we move forward.

ok checked top and bottom hoses ,top one is hot and soft, bottom is cool ,heater hoses to core are still cold.its not really that cold here in ark.but sometimes it gets kinda cool 17 one night,usallyaround 20-30 but this is my wifes JEEP and she is really cold natured!

Remove the Thermostat. inspect the copper core of the t.stat. if there is any signs of rubbing on the edges, replace it.

put in a new t.stat before l started checking everything,thought that was the problem,still doing the same thing as it was before.That little hose coming from the same place as the heater core,is that the one that operates the hot -cold gate?

Yes, that 5/8 hose coming out of the t.stat housing is the supply line for the heater. I've Banged my head before more than a few times for not doubting a new T.Stat for a circulation issue. i've learned to question the integrity of a part thats made by humans. We are not perfect, therefore there's flaws on what we made. I learned that if there's marks on the T.stat Core from the housing, it's bad. So i'm just passing this knowlege to you, it's your call to satisfy the benefit of the doubt. Out of curiousity, have you checked the condition of the impeller on the water pump?

Last edited:
thanks,for the info. on the t.stat,i ll check it again to make sure,the impeller on the pump is internal right .the fan thingy on the inside of the pump,may have to wait till i get it back from the body shop to tear into that. thanks for all the info, im kinda leaning towards the pump also .just hate to tear it apart now

thanks,for the info. on the t.stat,i ll check it again to make sure,the impeller on the pump is internal right .the fan thingy on the inside of the pump,may have to wait till i get it back from the body shop to tear into that. thanks for all the info, im kinda leaning towards the pump also .just hate to tear it apart now

Yes the Impeller is on the back of the water pump. Best of luck.

Back