hello all!

05renegade

I'm new to the group and a fairly new owner of an 82CJ. I'll be looking for some help and hopefully I'll be able to provide some help once I gain some experience!

I got hooked on a trip to Colorado where my wife and I rented a wrangler and went trailing in the mountains - awesome! My CJ is rough but it will be fun!

Later,

05renegade - yes I also own a family daily driver Jeep - an 05 Renegade Liberty.

Hello, and welcome to the Z.

I had an 85 for years and loved it. They need more care than newer Jeeps, but it's so simple to work on that it's not bad.

Have a look at the TFI ignition upgrade - it was probably the best thing I ever did to my CJ

A rough cj is a good cj. you wont have to worry about a dent here or scratching it up or anything. Just take it on the trail. Welcom

Yep, rough is good! The TFI upgrade looks interesting and I'll definitely put it on my list! But first....my clutch went out. I've never pulled a transmission or worked on a clutch...ha ha this is going to be fun! I've got everything off except the driveshafts and jack is ready. Not sure what flywheel or clutch I have since one of the previous owners went through it once already...should be interesting!

Back