Help identifying these hinges

XXL

They are from a Wagoneer, unknown years. I bought the ones on the left from an ebay seller... but they aren't quite what I need (not his fault). The blue one on the right is what I am looking for. It looks almost identical to the ones from the ebay seller, but the blue one has more swing to it, and the pillar-side mounting holes are slotted instead of round. What year/model is the blue hinge from??? And where can I get some that are in good condition? These are on a non-Jeep custom application, and the hinge pins are worn out... and they don't appear to be rebuildable (ie, nobody makes a "kit" to do so).

hinge01.jpg hinge02.jpghinge03.jpghinge04.jpghinge05.jpghinge06.jpghinge07.jpghinge08.jpg

While they don't list a kit, I just mic them and get something close from the "HELP!" section. The blue ones appear to be ground down for some reason.

While they don't list a kit, I just mic them and get something close from the "HELP!" section. The blue ones appear to be ground down for some reason.

Thanks for the reply. The blue hinge is completely stock and unmodified... except for the grind marks on the mounting point. That was me, trying to get to free from the truck because the mounting bolt was welded in place. The hinges have not been modified. The came from a "Wagoneer" ... I just don't know which year/model, and it's been 15 years since I snagged them, so I don't remember any details. As for re-pinning the ones I have, that's probably my only option if I can't positively ID a replacement. Unfortunately, it's no longer a simple task to grind out the old pin, make new bushings, etc., due to health issues... so I was hoping to ID the exact model hinge, hunt down a set, and just do a swap.

Are you sure a wagoneer and not a Jtruck? Those look like the ones from my '73 J4000 (I tripped over them as I was filling up the scrap pile)

Are you sure a wagoneer and not a Jtruck? Those look like the ones from my '73 J4000 (I tripped over them as I was filling up the scrap pile)

Well... quite possible. I pulled them off the doors, which were leaning against a very wrecked and gutted Wagoneer, so I ASSumed the doors came from the Wagoneer. Perhaps they are from a J-truck instead. Can you take some pics of the ones you tripped over and/or do some visual comparisons to the ones I posted above??

Back