Help! Xj is dead!! Wont turn over

jeepjeep!

92 xj 150k runs good imaculate! All of a sudden a few monhs ago it wouldnt start. No click, no nothing. Gauges and lights and radio all come on with the key but no start, not even a click. So we replaced the battery and it started right up, few weeks go by and sunday out of the blue it wouldnt even click. Battery is brand new and hot! Replaced starter relay, both battery cables, and starter sunday. Started right up! Today my wife goes to start it and not even a click! Its getting over 12v at the starter! Im at my wits end and am tired of buying new parts!! PLEASE HELP ANY IDEAS

check your connections sounds like dirty terminals

or could be wont go there yet lol

I agree check terminals.. they need to make really good conection so the starter can draw enough amps. Clean them good and possibly replace the little clamps and then tighten em down

I had the same problem when I bought my 2000. All it needed was a few taps with a hammer on the battery terminal so that it's making better contact with the wire where it slips into the connector. The wire was slightly loose allowing just enough contact to operate the radio and dash lights but not enough for the starter. Hope that made sense.

Overhaul of the NSS seems to have worked, fingers crossed

Back