Hunters!

Bounty__Hunter

Super Moderator
Alright, who out there in jeepz.com are hunters? What do you hunt and where? (Anti-hunters and anti-firearms, start your own thread :roll: ).

I'm currently deer hunting with a bow, was out this morning and will be out again this afternoon until after dark. I hunt right along the mighty Mississippi river south of St. Louis. I've got a Turkey tag too, just in case one unlucky tom strolls by my stand :twisted:

I got a nice 9-pointer with a shotgun last year in this same area, but no shotgun permits for me this year. Got a nice 26lb. turkey the year before, that sucker almost landed in the river, being blown down the bank by my shot.

Post the trophy pics if ya got 'em :D

I am on my way up to Richloam to hunt next week. Got the whole week off, we set up camp this past weekend. All I gotta do Friday after work is load up coolers, Jeep and the dogs not in that order. Can't wait.

LOL I'm just messing... had to. Hey, while you're out there shoot a gopher for me. I was riding my bike at night one day on this hill near my girlfriend's house when all of the sudden my front wheel turns and stops and I'm on the ground. I landed on my left arm. Some tendon or something got messed up and took a long time to heal and whenever I threw anything it would seperate again! :evil: Sorry to divert, just wanted you to nab one for me hahaha. -Mike :D

I have gone to canada to go bow/dear hunting with my uncle in the past!

I think hunting is primative, un-necessary, violent, form of dominance where the male of the human species shows off there masculinity through killing!

I love hunting!!!

Exhaust Restiction

as a matter of fact, i'm headed out the door right now to go get laughed at by turkeys watching me walk through the woods.. if you ask me.. they are the hardest animal to hunt around here

I hunt (I bet you never would have guessed that). I bowhunt mostly. Occasionally I'll break out the 7mag. I hunt deer, turkey, hogs, some dove, and some duck. My favorite is bowhunting for deer and turkey. I have only got one day in the woods this year and will probably only get a few more due to the fact that my wife is in nursing school. Once she graduates I'll be hunting lots more.

I haven't been hunting in 10 years. I lost my taste for it at a young age. I am not against it or anything, in fact I'm totally for it. Better for an animal to die in its home at the hands of a human, rather than in a slaughterhouse at the hands of a human. Slaughterhouses bum me out. But I do love burgers and those chicken nuggets in the shapes of stars and dinosaurs. Thats what kills me though people are against hunting, but everyones's ok with slaughterhouses.

Which is more Humane?

DW

i bow hunt for deer and gun hunt for deer and turkey...........i use my XJ to get me everywhere i need to be up here in the appalachian mountains of good ole West "by God" Virginia

I am buying gear this season to go hunt next season. Some friends are going to introduce me to Duck and Deer Hunting, maybe goose too.

Bounty__Hunter said:
Yes, bambi makes good salami :lol: Thanks for the $.02 :D

I prefer Bambi bologna!

Deer hunting for me. Rifle season opening day is Saturday after Thanksgiving. I hunt in Western MD (No rifles around here).

Just got permission from the state to do some beaver hunting behind BBJ's house.. they flooded his back yard over the past 2 weeks

Need 1, 3/4 or 2inch spring spacers

Sully and I are hunting Rock guards after last weekends outing. We are going to copy yours Bounty for the CJ. We've got the 4 x 4s mounted but havent worked out the deflector/bash tubes. If you had it to do over again would you still use 2 x 2. Almost feel like it should be held off a little bit to let water and crap to fall thru, and to get a better purchase for the jack.

The TJ is another story, the footwell is lower than the tub edge. no ideas yet.

Not stealin your thread, "we got guns too"!

For Sale
Model 1903 Us Arms
Blot action
Holds 4 shots
Book 750.00
sell for 450.00

Back