I have renewed faith in today's youth

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
I was worried about the musical taste of today's kids, with all the Lady Gaga / Ke$ha / Beyonces that are popping up, but it turns out there is hope for today's youth.

Kinda weird this came up ,Why you ask , anyhow my son asked me to burn him a bunch of music the otherday ,he is in florida anyways I started downloading music he asked for till I decided I need to check it for glitches and hissing and such , to my disbelief every darn song he ask for was (SAITANIC) so you know he is not getting one darn song called my X and told her she says he takes after you
you would think its my fault he is listening to this stuff I wasnt the one who went out and bought him all the saitanic stuff he has now she did for Xmas,I never in my day ever listened to that garbage she about got me fed up and Im thinking of sueing for custody of both my kids my new wife says I need to do it before they both wind up screwed up there not alowed to have freinds not allowed to go out
not allowed to use computer and have no social life is when they go out with all the old people so they can get shoved in a corner while they play penuckle and I forgot to mention my X lives with her parents 46 years old living with mommy n daddy

Feels good to let it out :rolleyes:

There, there pal. You need a cold one? Here, drink this while we listen to some Mega Death. There you go, soothing isn't it? Hey, I would like to hear these kids play some G.N.R. That, would be sweet. That kiddo on the drums rocks!!

Kinda weird this came up ,Why you ask , anyhow my son asked me to burn him a bunch of music the otherday ,he is in florida anyways I started downloading music he asked for till I decided I need to check it for glitches and hissing and such , to my disbelief every darn song he ask for was (SAITANIC) so you know he is not getting one darn song called my X and told her she says he takes after you
you would think its my fault he is listening to this stuff I wasnt the one who went out and bought him all the saitanic stuff he has now she did for Xmas,I never in my day ever listened to that garbage she about got me fed up and Im thinking of sueing for custody of both my kids my new wife says I need to do it before they both wind up screwed up there not alowed to have freinds not allowed to go out
not allowed to use computer and have no social life is when they go out with all the old people so they can get shoved in a corner while they play penuckle and I forgot to mention my X lives with her parents 46 years old living with mommy n daddy

Feels good to let it out :rolleyes:

Good stuff, hopefully they keep the talent going, without the typical pitfalls of ego and drugs.

I don't think that the "he takes after you" stuff stands up to much scrutiny. The only thing my herd got from me is a basically low tolerance for bullcrap. Most of the trouble comes from too much empowerment. Empowerment is like muscle, kids tend to use it in the wrong ways, for there own selfish ends.
The "nip it in the bud" philosophy is wiser than it sounds.
Other than that, I'm the weirdest one of the bunch, they are all basically boringly normal.
One thing I did do was separate them from some of their really ahole friends, by force if necessary (I've grabbed a couple by the seat of their pants and collar and tossed them out the door, male or female I'm an equal opportunity flying instructor). I'm pretty tolerant, except when it comes to drugs, dangerous or very fringe behavior. Some kid comes into my house and tries to argue morality with me, is likely to get a flying lesson. Some things are non negotiable. The last big one was when two of my youngest son's friends showed up with a megaton of fireworks. I told them how it was going to be, they argued and got a free flying lesson, the fireworks found a home in the rain barrel.
Funny thing, my kids actually rubbed off on their friends more than the other way around. Most all of them are adults now and most of them are still afraid of me.
Being an old as dirt biker, does have it's pluses. I still think some parents sent their kids over to my house for the flying lessons and it was no accident. LOL

Last edited:
A tear has come to my eye... Thanks Terry.

screw G-N-R... those kids should cover White Zombie Thunderkiss 65

SCREW G.N.R.?? Take it back...take it back right now. Acutally I just wanted to hear the young singer trying to do some Axle Rose, Some G.N.R. is good, but some it blows. Axle Rose blows all the time.....he's a prick.

Don't get me wrong, I grew up listening to GNR seen them in concert 6 or 7 times.... but GnR was more glam rock.. these kids need more metal, something harder and faster.

Wow, Terry! Those guys are good! While I am not a real big fan of modern metal, I can appreciate their skill.

My daughter is 16, plays guitar and ukelele and sings very well. She proudly wears my vintage Southside Johnny tour shirts to school. Took her 9th grade yearbook pic in one.
She also thinks Led Zeppelin is "the bomb".

Watched the first video,that was pretty cool. I'm a product of the 80's and grew up on OZZY,Metallica, Iron Maiden and look how I turned out....:D

I clicked on the Cowboys video then followed the coltrane78 links. If you haven't followed the links yet, do so. Great stuff, especially the "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" and "Cumbersome".

Back