i just bought a jeep cherokee laredo

i just got a jeep last week for a hundred buck it needs a motor and thats it! its an 88 has an automatic trans, 4wd all the time, im wanting to put a lift kit on it any recomendations on which kind would do the best i want to go for a 4.5inch lift no body lift a suspension, and does anyone know where i can get a used 4.0 straight 6 motor from in ohio??. or would i be better off tearing down the motor in it now? it hasnt blown yet but im not going to turn the key and find out, i did hear it run a few monthes ago when my friend had it and it sounded like the lower end going bad,.. well let me know what ya think guys

i dont know of the lift or anything but thats a great jeep. it was my first and man does that year xj have alot of ba lls go anywhere and do anything good luck keep us posted

Well first off the XJ does not have a frame so there is no way to plop a body lift on it... My wife's old XJ we went with the Pro Comp 4 inch... 31/10.50 and in hard off roading they rubbed a bit in rock crawling in the fronts mostly.. the extra .5 inch would help. had the black spoke AR 767 rims (american racing). 4.0L auto... a bit of bump steer so get the drop pitman arm.

check the local bone yards for a motor, or get a rebuilt if you want to keep it a long time... her motor let go in her XJ at 160K miles with lots of trips in the rocks and AZ heat.

Easy there Sam, Whatch that blood pressure. lol:purple:

Easy there Sam, Whatch that blood pressure. lol:purple:

Sorry, I tend to have a low tolerance for people that ask questions but can't even attempt to state them in a manner which is easily read and correctly punctuated. When I have to stop and decipher what they're trying to say before I try and figure out what their problem is, I just tend to ignore the entire thing. An attempt at proper grammar goes a long way...

it sure does but to bad i dont giv a f#$%

Sorry for going off on you there bud. But when I'm on here day in and day out and read tons of horrendous posts from people asking for advice and help, the last thing I want to have to do is try and figure out what they're asking by having to scrutinize their posts. I don't get anything out of it, I just enjoy trying to help people. It gets a little annoying when you go through this all the time. Sorry for letting it out on you.

I sometimes struggle to use good grammar. being able to speak 2 language makes it hard to keep switching from Filipino to English. I laugh at myself when i say something stupid, What the heck was i thinking when i said that. I remember years back, It was Raining Hard Which In the Philippines they call it a typhoon,standing under a piece of roof nailed together with pieces of wood on a small shack that has home brewed coffee. as i waited for my coffee, a Filipino came to my side and looked at me and noticed i was White.i know he just wanted to start a conversation an be nice, but i couldn't help it not to laugh about it now when he said , It's raining aren't they?. I spoke back to him in Filipino and he just starred at me. i got my coffee and left.

Sorry, I'm not asking everyone to have perfect structure, just please attempt to make it more legible.

I have to agree with you on this. At a minimum, PUNCTUATE your sentences. When I see one long sentence, or, in reality, a paragraph, I cant help but try to read it really fast. Im beginning to wonder what is taught in schools these days, and Im not that old.

This is not a knock on the OP, but you learn about people by what they type, and how its typed. If you want to ask questions, then by all means ask them, as there is A LOT of knowledge on this site. But, when someone is trying to help you, and trying to understand you, and then you say you dont give a ...., do you really think they want to help you out after that?

I'm all in on that, I concur, I agree. There is nothing more difficult than helping someone Diagnose a Concern and relying on nothing but the Information about the symptom typed on a screen. it's almost as bad as getting a phone call and the person who called want's you to diagnose a noise by placing the phone on the area of the noise. I usually hang up on those kind of calls.

Back