I Just Ordered My Lift Today!!!

outerbeachyj

O.K. Everyone, thanks for all your advice, I finally ordered my lift today! I just got off the phone with Darrin (ECOR) from East Coast Off Road and my 3.5" BDS lift is on it's way. I also got the steering stabilizer and new BDS shackles front and rear because of the whole military wrap issue I saw discussed here on Jeepz. He gave me the Jeepz.com discount and threw in stickers :lol:
Looks like I will be riding like Twisted Cooper and BostonJeep, once I get the 32" BFGs under there. I would have been lost without Jeepz.com and now look forward to more wheelin' with you all!
I'll post pics this Spring when the install is complete, I am having a local garage install it for me, I know, I know :roll:

Congrats on the lift. There only one day better then the day you order it. And thats seeing it installed. I just got mine installed a few months ago and love it to death.

outerbeachyj said:
I'll post pics this Spring when the install is complete, I am having a local garage install it for me, I know, I know :roll:

Nothing wrong with that! If I'd had the extra cash, I would've saved myself a weekend of knuckle busting and wrench turning. Yeah it's great to do it yourself, but it sure would've been nice to drop it off a jeep and pick it up a JEEP!

Congrats, you're gonna love it.

Oh, and BDS shackles?

Hell Ya Adam!!!!

Hope it gets done ASAP, we have some rides you need to go on. We have been missing the trail photo man!

Hey I just wanted to suggest the BFG MT over the AT. Not much more $ and much better offroad. The MT's are a little louder as to road noise, but still along lasting tire and good in the snow.

I like my AT's, but they don't clean themselves very well in the deep mud (as with any AT tire) so next time... MT for me.

Twisted,
I got the BDS 1/2" Shackles and the steering stabilizer from ECOR also. I will add quick disconnects later if I find I need them. I am going with the AT tires because they are better in the sand and 75% of my offroading will still be on the beach. The wide 11 1/2" tire should float nice accross the sand and not dig in like the MT tire would. I'll just have to wacth it in the thick muddy stuff...

Adams jeep is primarily used on the sandy beaches of cape cod. the alterrain may be a better choice, wider tread pattern.

BUT HE WILL BE GETTING IT MUDDY!!!!

Gotcha on the AT's. Hey what part of the Capeare you in? I lived in South Yarmouth right on Bass River! That river is probably still full of flounder - I used to come home with a bucketful and Ma would fry 'em up!

Mmmm now I'm gettin' hungry. Fish and chips...

Back