I need your Prayers

RE: Re: RE: drive shaft angles? what should they be? help!!

This is very hard for me to post, but I am in desparate need of your prayers. We just found out that due to "economic downsizing" and health problems, Sunshine is losing her job. I haven't worked since December, and we've already got a pile of bills the Jeep couldn't climb. Losing her job is a double-whammy for us. She makes close to $18 an hour, but the hardest part is losing our health insurance. She pays just $24 a month for our coverage, and with my health condition, we need that insurance badly. My meds cost close to $500 a month, plus 1-2 office visits a month, plus about every 3 months I have a procedure that costs $2500. Without insurance, there's no way we can afford this. Without my meds and quarterly treatment, I'm no good at all. I've been looking for jobs since before my last one played out, and just can't land one. Seems the job market is pretty slim in Wichita area, and I'm either over-qualified or under-qualified. My last shot at a job was last week, where I'd make $6.50 an hour cutting boards for a sign shop.....I was the only applicant they had that even knew what a shaper was. I called them this morning, and they had hired a friend of a friend. Some kid that wouldn't know a piece of plywood from a plank of walnut probably. Anyway, we need your prayers to help us through this.

I wouldn't post here if I didn't know what a great family I have here.

Sparky, so sorry to hear your dilema. I will include a special prayer for you and your wife. Keep your head up as all of this is a test of your spiritual strength. This is just one of those times you need a snorkle kit to stay above water. Rich

RE: Re: RE: leaf spring prob ?

Sparky

I am so very sorry to hear this news. I always know that when I think I have problems someone elses are worse. This reminds me of that and I am sad that it is another jeepz friend in doing so. I can't understand why life is so hard sometimes but it just tests us and makes us learn more about ourselves and others whether we want to or not. I will add you to my prayer list as well and keep you and sunshine in my thoughts. I wish you the very best of luck in your job hunt and management of your health issues. If there is anything we can do.. even if not face to face, let us know.

Lady

RE: Jeeperz

You and your family will be in our prayers. Remember, you'll come through it, and often times it's for the better.

Don't forget to check into the availability of your wife's insurance continuing, they are mandated to continue it for a certain time frame to cover such possible gaps.

Sorry to hear that, Sparky :cry: Makes my previous rant about my job seem very trivial (which it is). Consider yourselves prayed for here in NC. Good luck.

Re: RE: Slave Cyl (clutch question)...........

Prayers from Oregon for you. It will end up okay, hang in there...

Thanks for the kind words. I know God won't give us anything we can't handle, but it sure seems like he has from time to time. Yet, we're still together, and still alive. We've decided to take off in the morning and make the 200 mile drive to the farm for some mental rehab. Something about being down there sure is reassuring to us. Figure it's about $30-$40 in gas well spent, even though we really can't afford it. But, sometimes ya just gotta do what ya gotta do.

Sunshine has been off work for two weeks now, and was preparing to go back next Monday. I have my injection scheduled for Tuesday, and she's afraid she'll be fired when she goes back Monday and my treatment won't be covered. She actually works for the insurance company and knows much more about it than I do, but yeah, I always thought they were required to carry you for at least 30 days after termination. She says we'd have to pay regular rates to keep it going, but I don't think so. Again, she knows more about it than me, but she hasn't been thinking very well lately.

I know it'll work out eventually, and it's already brought us closer together. We've kinda drifted apart the past couple of months, almost like strangers passing in the night. Maybe that's what God has in mind, to get us back together like we used to be. I love her with all of my heart, and would do anything for her. She understands that now, and we feel like we did when we were dating. I don't know what I'd do without her. I know I wouldn't survive without her, my family, and good friends like you guys and gals. Believe it or not, I've got more friends here on Jeepz than I do in my personal life! Yeah, I consider a great many of you to be friends...friends that I'd do anything for. I've prayed for a lot of you, often whether you asked for prayers or not. It's nice to know you will return the favor. God Bless each of you!!

Sparky, I will definatly keep you in my prayers. Like you and others said, It will all work itself out soon.

Hang in there!!

RE: Question to moderators

Sparky,

1st. If she is getting downsized, then she can file for unemployment and cobra. Cobra can be expensive, but I believe the unemployment office will keep it going. That is federeally mandated. My wife works for the state of florida and does exactly that.

2nd If she is getting fired because of health problems then sue the crap out of them and you won't have to worry about finances. It will take a lot of paper work for her employeer to prove she couldnt perform her daily tasks due to medical problems. If this is true, then see if she has any kind of short and long term dissability insurance w/ the company. Not all companies carry this.

Third Hell yea go to the farm and rekindle that flame! When times get hard, the only thing that can keep you sane is the love of your family. If you are worried about the gas money, send me a PM, I will wire you the gas money this afternoon. and NO I AM NOT KIDDING!

Keep your chin up, but keep it well covered. You never know when he'll swing again.

Hang in there, sure am sorry to hear that news. We'll pray for your needs to be met and your relationship to remain strong. You seem like a good man Sparky, and I'm sure the Mrs is a fine woman. Things will work out. Let us know if there is anything anyone can do to help. Damn shame there is so much real estate between all of us.

Re: RE: Re: RE: A Whole Year Already?!?

Just remember, when God closes a door, He opens a window.. I know that saying is probably older than me, but its true!

Nathan

Rich, thanks for the offer. Thankfully, we're not totally destitute yet, but thanks just the same.

They won't fire her for the health problems themselves, rather for having to take off work to have the problems treated. Kansas is an "At Will Employment" state, meaning a company can fire you for no reason, or for any reason they see fit. Fighting a wrongful termination in this state is like nailing a fart to a wall. They will most likely just eliminate her position.

RE: Jeeperz

Sparky, prayers coming from the South family. We are in a similar situation as well so I know how stressful it can be on a marriage. I haven't worked since June or so and my wife just found out that her company is selling so alot of uncertainty there. We don't have the health issues that you guys do so know that we are thinking about you.

RE: Bud Light History

Sparky I had all but given up when the job I now have came along. It was an answer to prayer and there is no dought that it was not a gift from God! You see I never sold my jeeps to get rid of them I had to make ends meet. I went through a long drawn out dry speel where I thought I was going to loose everything. We were behind on bills and going deeper in debt all the time. I too take a bunch of script drugs and so does my wife lucky we are both veterans so the VA took care of this, Gave us a waver cause we could not even spare the 7 bucks per script a month. Eat a lot of mac and chheez and beans. Felt dang glad to have them too. Now after a prayer reqest from my church family I got this job that I had tryed to get for 5 years. All in his time and I work with fellers that pray and are active in church, "know how hard it is to find truckers that pray" hehehe These guys do! I know all of this will not help you much but know I will be praying for you throuh this and my family and church family will as well. I pray God will provide favor from the ones you apply with and all of you needs will be meet! tug

RE: Chevy versus Moose

You are on our prayer list. Sorry to hear about the tough times, but thanks for sharing it with your friends. Bless you Sparky and blessings to your family. Hang in there.

mike

RE: My latest project....

I've always been blessed with a very close family, and that makes a lot of difference. I know there are folks out there in much worse shape than us, and a lot of them don't even have friends or family to fall back on. I'm very grateful for the friends I have here on Jeepz. Like I said before, if I didn't think of you all as family, I wouldn't have confided in you. And, if I hadn't witnessed the amount of Christian love from you in other posts, I wouldn't have asked for your prayers. Believe me, all of you, that your words of support and your prayers mean more to me than you could ever know. In time, the Man upstairs will provide, I'm sure of that. I just need the help and support to give me patience till He sees fit to do so.

On a side note, Friday I was kicking around the idea of starting up my furniture repair business again, wondering what it would cost to take out an ad in the paper. This morning in the paper, there's a story about a similar business in Wichita that was busted because it was a front for a meth lab....think that's coincidence? I'm not too sure it is! Must mean there's at least a few customers out there looking for service. Ummm....furniture repair, not meth! Guess I'll get that ad out in the next few days.

RE: My latest project....

Good idea, Sparky. I'm a firm believer in the "work ethic" - getting rarer all the time. Usually (though it may take time), good hard work reaps its own rewards. Lots and lots of folks out there need things done, don't want to do it themselves, and will pay someone to do it (furniture repair, for example). Good, thoughtful work is appreciated...word spreads.....viola!!!!!! INCOME!!! Oh, and prayers help alot too! I believe you got a bunch comin' from the "z'ers".

Sparky,

You ARE family and you and yours will be in my thoughts.
I think that Rich is right about the Cobra program. If you all ever need help or a friend to talk to, you know you'll have one here. I'll do whatever is within my power as I am sure all of us Jeepz Peez would. I hope all turns out for the better soon.

--Ian

Hey..keep your chin up! You have the prayers from our house in this matter. It has been said but ...it will work itself out. maybe not the way YOU think it should, but I have always believed that the good Lord takes care of his own. GOD Bless your Family Sparky and Sunshine!

Terry and Carmen

Back