I've been thinking...

Special_K

It started out innocently enough.

I began to think at parties now and then to loosen up. Inevitably though, one thought led to another, and soon I was more than just a social thinker. I began to think alone - "to relax," I told myself - but I knew it wasn't true.

Thinking became more and more important to me, and finally I was thinking all the time. I began to think on the job. I knew that thinking and employment don't mix, but I couldn't stop myself.

I began to avoid friends at lunchtime so I could read Thoreau and Kafka. I would return to the office dizzied and confused, asking, "What is it exactly we are doing here?"

Things weren't going so great at home either. One evening I had turned off the TV and asked my wife about the meaning of life. She spent that night at her mother's.

I soon had a reputation as a heavy thinker. One day the boss called me in. He said, "I like you, and it hurts me to say this, but your thinking has become a real problem. If you don't stop thinking on the job, you'll have to find another job."

This gave me a lot to think about.

I came home early after my conversation with the boss. "Honey," I confessed, "I've been thinking..."

"I know you've been thinking," she said, "and I want a divorce!"

"But Honey, surely it's not that serious."

"It is serious," she said, lower lip aquiver.

"You think as much as college professors, and college professors don't make any money, so if you keep on thinking we won't have any money!"

"That's a faulty syllogism," I said impatiently, and she began to cry.

I'd had enough. "I'm going to the library," I snarled as I stomped out the door. I headed for the library, in the mood for some Nietzsche. I roared into the parking lot and ran up to the big glass doors... they didn't open. The library was closed. As I sank to the ground clawing at the unfeeling glass, whimpering for Zarathustra, a poster caught my eye. "Friend, is heavy thinking ruining your life?"

You probably recognize that line. It comes from the standard Thinkers Anonymous (TA ) poster.

Which is why I am what I am today: a recovering thinker. I never miss a TA meeting. At each meeting we watch a non-educational video; last week it was "Porky's."

Then we share experiences about how we avoided thinking since the last meeting. I still have my job, and things are a lot better at home. Life just seemed... easier, somehow, as soon as I stopped thinking.

-Anonymous Thinker

It's always a dangerous thing when hockey players begin to think!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DON'T THINK, just shoot the puck!!!!!!!

Got the lift on

I think... therefore I am, er, I mean... I drink, therefore I am. I dunno whatever.

Whatever you do Special K, don't think and drive. If you must think, make sure you have a DT: a "Designated Thinker."

Sorry, I can't type. I've been hitting the vino hard tonight.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Large turkey sub

"To Think, or not to Think?" that is the question here...I think....
If You think what I think would we have simular thoughts? I think not. therefore you must ask yourself...Am I thoughtless?
My grandfather told me a story once:

A skunk sat on a stump
the stump thunk that the skunk stunk
the skunk thunk that the stump stunk
what do you thunk?

Answer that and you will have thoughts of why the price of rice in china is directly related to France selling all their chickens but you will have to think about the question ....
If it take a half a chicken a half an hour to lay half a egg...how long does it take a one-legged grasshopper to kick the seeds out of a dill pickle?

I hope I have cleared a few thinks up for you....no, no, Thanks are not neccassary...just glad I could shed some light on this situation... :D

RE: Skiing

soooo, I'm guessing you have a thinking problem??

If that's the case, the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

I need to change my name to purple TJ girl

You know, I don't really get this thread. But then, I've never really been into the whole thinking thing.

-X

PhattyX said:
You know, I don't really get this thread. But then, I've never really been into the whole thinking thing.

-X

Maybe you just have to think it over for a while :wink: :lol: :lol:

The new Jeep Commander?

HAHAHAHA - porkys - LOL
what a series, probly the first movie i ever saw with male frontal nudity :O

RE: Just got a jet ski!

antsinmypants said:
HAHAHAHA - porkys - LOL
what a series, probly the first movie i ever saw with male frontal nudity :O

LOL Kim. Leave it to you to somehow tie this thread in to full frontal male nudity. :lol:

I have been told thousands of time that I "think too much"... But that is actually a very shallow thing to say to someone. Thinking is a great thing, how can a person possibly believe that it can be done "too much"? I realize it can be too much if a person is thinging malaciously. I really don't understand how some people can criticize another for building and using their mind. I'm proud of my ability to gather and calculate thoughts, and intend on defending the action of "thinking" until the day time forgets to tick.

RE: Plastic or metal rocker panel guards for TJ?

Thinking is dangerous...

...to the people that want us to be docile sheep.

Baaaaaaa, baaaaaaa

I was thinking and driving on the way to work the other day. Not good. Much carnage as I recked a 1994 maxima, dented an eighteen wheelers gas tank and lost two fenders and the bumper and fogs on the rubi. No more thinking and driving for me.

I have been accused of overthinking matters... But I like to think of it as being well informed... At least, when I do form an opinion/take an action, it's been well-thought out... I get lost in thought quote frequently too...

However, I do think alone, and heavily too... And I have a terrible habit of thinking and driving, and man, when you start telling my that I've thought about enough, I get violent... So, I might be a problem thinker...

Have you ever sat back in a dim room with your best friend after all the drinking is done, the movie is off, the party is quiet, and you're in a peaceful, but heated debate regarding the political systems of old Rome, or the best work of Edgar Allan Poe? That's problem thinking, that is...

RE: Re: RE: Another Newbie

My problem isn't too much thinking...but rather too much thinking about thinking. I can think of nothing else... except for the action of thinking. Now, I'm thinking about the fact that I may think to much about the action of thinking.

Something to think about.

Oh crap, now I'm thinking about all of you thinking about me thinking about the fact that I think too much about the action of thinking. Please don't judge me.

AAAAAAHHHH!!! If we had a little head blowing up smiley, I'd have it in this post so fast!

Jeez, Mingez... Usually, I can keep up with that, but not first thing in the morning... Is THAT what I do to people all the time? :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

Thinking about thinking for th... AAAAAHHHH!!!

Time for coffee...

Saurian said:
AAAAAAHHHH!!! If we had a little head blowing up smiley, I'd have it in this post so fast!

Jeez, Mingez... Usually, I can keep up with that, but not first thing in the morning... Is THAT what I do to people all the time? :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

:lol:
Actually, yes.

Well you know what I think....

'cause I always post it! :lol:

mud4feet said:
It's always a dangerous thing when hockey players begin to think!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey, that hurt 'cause us hockey players, we have braaaaains...and feelings...we have feeeeeeelings tooooooooooooooo...

Wait, hold up...

Never mind, I was thinking about someone else. :p

Re: I can't figure this one out.........

Special_K said:
mud4feet said:

Hey, that hurt 'cause us hockey players, we have braaaaains...and feelings...we have feeeeeeelings tooooooooooooooo...

Wait, hold up...

Never mind, I was thinking about someone else. :p

LOL!! You do know that I was just kiddin' SpecialK!! :lol: :lol: :lol: This has been a great thread.....glad you started it! Very creative...............for a hockey player!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I miss hockey :cry:
mud

RE: Random Poetry...

And remember...

It's at least twenty-seven, but no more than three. :twisted:

Back