Jeep paint idea...any thoughts?

acessna1

Currently my CJ 7 is red. Was thinking about flat black but my friend already has one. So I thought about flat grey and make dummy rivets along each gap on the body. Kind of making it like an aircraft. Rivets would be ever 3 to 4 inches apart. What do ya think? Good idea or not

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz

I'm not a fan of flat paint. I say go with something alittle flashier

Attachments

• new-general-lee-cj7-car-1.jpg
    new-general-lee-cj7-car-1.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 7,196
  • 085204_17.jpg
    085204_17.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 2,392
  • cj7%20002.jpg
    cj7%20002.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 3,409
  • goldeneagle.jpg
    goldeneagle.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,939
Im not a fan of flat paints either, however i do like your idea, sounds pretty original, and im always a fan of that! i painted my jeep metallic black with metallic yellow scallops but then shortly after i stgarted seeing quite a few jeeps with the same style of paint job driving around here, so i went back to straight black and all stainless

So I am trying to go ahead with my flat grey paint scheme but the only flat grey enamel I can find is primer. Does anyone know if there is a clear flat top coat that I could use over the primer or if there is a flat grey paint somewhere? Everything I've found has been gloss only. Any help with this is greatly appreciated

You should be able to get a no shine clear coat at any automotive paint store. A friend of mine in high school had a Scout that was primer red with flat clear coat. Looked good and was easy to match when he bent the metal.

I love the flat grey idea! Maybe u could find someone to paint a logo on it like the old WW2 bombers. I think House of Colors has a flat additive that u add to clear to make it flat. It was a long time ago I saw it. Good luck and send pics

I heard flat was hard to keep clean and looking good. who knows. I personally like red, flashier is gooder. lmao

I was going to go with a flat black myself and then remembered I painted wheels on my truck satin black, so thats what i put on my yj after all the body work and primer. Satin has just a little bit of shine to it. I think it turned out pretty good. This maybe a little hard to get a hold of but look into Harley davidson Denim Grey. That would probably be pretty close to what your looking for.

Attachments

• IMG_0349.JPG
    IMG_0349.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 9,816
I'm not really worried about keeping it clean. That's the beauty of jeeps. No matter how crappy one looks, the yuppie in the beamer envies you. I think what I am going to do is paint it primer gray myself then have a body shop put a couple coats of clear on it. I don't exactly have the space to do it all myself. I have a 2 car garage that the 4 kids have pretty much taken over.

primer gray was my first car color and I painted it myself. I say go for it!

i am not fond off the beamer comment but since i notice you used beamer, then i know you are not a bmw person as true bmw driver would jump on you quick to let you know a beamer is a bmw motorcycle and a bimmer is a bmw car.

as you can tell, i am a bmw person, ha ha ha.

Back