Jeep Tj rear upper control arm mounts?

TWoodJeepin

I I discovered that both my upper control arm mounts in the rear of my jeep are shot! Anyone have any suggestions as to which mounts would best fix my problem?

Attachments

• image-895306641.jpg
    image-895306641.jpg
    458.5 KB · Views: 5,862

It may be a bit of overkill, but you could go ahead and upgrade to a long arm kit.

How is the rest of your frame?

It's not terrible and I'd love to but I don't have the $1500 to do it right now. Eventually I will but for now just need to get my Rig fixed lol

If you scurry over to currie's offroad web site. Under their bracket section you will find their bracket upgrade that you weld over your existing bracket and frame making it stronger.

Hey, I almost had him sold on a $3000 long arm kit!

There really isn't a cut off and weld in replacement type of bracket just for "factory" uca's. It is true a long arm kit will allow you cut off and weld in a replacement bracket. Some of the better kits come with upper and lower relocation brackets. But as you stated money isnt there for this option.
The only other suggestion is going to your local offroad shops that do custom work and see if they can fab in new brackets for the interim.

Lol beat me to it. Just talked to our local 4wd guy and he told me they had those replacement brackets....

Long arms are not for everyone? I think my jeep rides better than factory ever did with stock set up....it has been 13+ years since I had rode in a stocker.

He has 4 in lift and 33's a short arm should be fine. Plus he would need to buy the long arms, and weld in the brackets. If all he needs is a welded bracket, you can't get much cheaper.

Found the brackets, camber bolts for my front lower control arms that I am replacing and bushings for the rear upper control arms and front lower control arms for a whopping $190 altogether at quadratec now hopefully all goes well with the installation!

Back