Jeep YJ Windshield Frame

trailjeep

I am in the middle of repainting my Jeep YJ. It needs a new windshield frame. I got one from Quadratec but was not happy with the quality. It has bad gaps at the seams. I am sending it back. Are the steel windshield frames from 4WD Hardware any better quality? Is there a better place to go with?

They both might use the same company for parts. Call up 4WD hardware and ask who they use.

Looks like Quadratec sells the Crown Automotive windshield frames. 4 Wheel Drive Hardware sells Omix-Ada. Not sure if Omix-Ada is any better quality.

I just looked it up, Rockauto.com, OEM frame $105.89 Part # CH1280101, they also have another provider thats $111.79, and the Omix-Ada through them is $182.79. This is an amazing site for OEM parts, I got Raybestos unit bearings from them for $110 for both and shipping was only $17. when you go to the site, let the frames load, there will be a menu, pick make, then year, then model, then they have catagories, I found the frames in 'Body exterior' - 'Windshield Frame', they are that easy, they ship ground, so figure 3-5 days to get the part, but I have been buying all my parts here for a few months and I have not gotten any wrong parts or bad quality parts yet. I wish I had known about this site years ago, I would have saved thousands.

I dont work for them or anything lol, they are just awesome, check it out.

www.rockauto.com

Back