keep the budget lift or lose it?

2000wrangler

RE: T-case rebuild

i was thinking of getting a 2" spring lift fot my tj and keep the 2" budget lift i already have. so i would have about a 4" lift. is a viable route? it is alot cheaper than buying a 4" spring lift. i know i would have to drop the t-case and all that stuff. what are your opinions

Jeep Jeepster

Whaddaya mean by budget lift? Is that a shackle or body, or what?

RE: Jeep Jeepster

From what I've seen, most 2" lift kits and 4" lift kits aren't priced too far apart for the TJ. Either way you're replacing the springs, go with the 4" and save the coil spacers for later, or sell them to recover some of the expense. It's inchitis, most all of us are inflicted, and you'll eventually go up higher.

The 4" kit will allow you to level the jeep out using extra factory .75" coil spacers, helps compensate for things like hardtop, winch, heavy bumpers, etc.

a good 4" kit will include the things you'll need for that lift height (control arms, shocks, brake lines, etc). If you do a 2" lift on top of your 2" spacer lift you'll most likel;y end up spending more as you realize you need this, need that, etc

Do the 4" and scrap the BB

Can a YJ body fit atop a 2003-2005 Rubicon body???? HELP!!

I listened to these guys and went with the whole 4" coil lift ... couldnt be happier ..looks great..only about $500

you will feel better knowing that you have a real lift and not just something pieced together...

thanks for the advice. i didnt relize that the 4" lifts weren't that much more expensive. my cheap nature would have cost me more in the long run. :oops:

2000wrangler said:
thanks for the advice. i didnt relize that the 4" lifts weren't that much more expensive. my cheap nature would have cost me more in the long run. :oops:

It got me in the end. I got the 2.5 inch lift and ended up wanting more. Had to sell that and then spend money on the 4.5. Just making sure you dont make the same mistake.

Back