Laws in Texas...

K_K_PSI_GUY

Well, a buddy and I where wheeling earlier today next to an old creek when we see something just THERE. Well, it turned out to be a newer model Kawasaki Ninja. Some of the parts where stripped out, but it can definetely be fixed.None of the cosmetic stuff is any good, soall the platic panels would probably need to be replaced. My question is how can I find the owner (insurance Co. ) or whomever so I can get a reward for finding it, or perhaps get a salvage title so I can fix it and have myself a nice little bike. I am probably going to talk to the Sheriffs Dept. and see what they tell me. LEt me know what you all think I should do with it.-al

Al,

I didnt want to say so last night when I read your post, but it does sound alarming that this bike would be out there with the description like you said. Especially a newer model, I also thought it might be stolen. THat is not a thing you want to be stuck with. I'm not sure how you would check that out, other than calling local authorities.

Good luck!
Lady

Well, actually Ladyjeepfreak, I am pretty sure it is a stolen bike. I have already called some PD friends of mine so they can check it out. I am not sure if you read that post where some guys found a Jeep in the river. Well, they ended up stripping the heck out of it in a parking lot. According to them, the insurance had already paid out on it because it was a total loss, so they stripped the heck out of it and took the left overs to a salvage yard (frame). Anyways, I doubt I am going to get into any trouble. I am a peson with a clean record and I have contacted PD, so if they want the bike when it comes out stolen on the computer, they can come pick it up. I'll let you all know what happens.-al

Hey man, I wouldnt run any kinda check on it besides tell the police, let them run it, etc, and just fill out the proper forms, or whatever you need to do (ask the local pd what to do) to claim it if no-one else does. Because right now, its either abandoned propery, stolen property, or lost property....and there are MANY differences between the law and the 3. I forget exactly what they are (I majored in this at school), but my best advice would be to do what I said, if theres trouble behind it you want to stay as far away as possible......... wont hurt to save the post you put up with the time and date on it either.

My Bike!!!!! :shock:

Thanks for finding it for me buddy!! Just send it to 1135 Gateway west, Tx El Paso. :mrgreen:

Is it in the water? if it has been there for a long time, not worth it. The fairings on these bikes are real expensive, and if the motor is junk, forget it! turn it into some craxy snow blower or something! What no snow, send it up here!

even if it IS shot... you can still have fun with it... there may even be some creative freaks out there like me who will buy just the frame from you

even if the motor is toasted... the frame is just as valuable. A no fairing bike can be cool too, just watch mission impossible 2!

Back