Lift Kit Question

steeda106

Whats up guys, im new to this Jeep thing and i just bought a 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport. I am looking for a 2" lift kit and was wondering if you all had any knowledge on the Rubicon Express 2" Lift. I dont want to buy a cheap kit and pay for it later, so if any one is running this kit or if anyone wants to recommend one i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

I had a RE 2" Budget lift on my TJ before I got my 4" lift. Generally speaking, RE is regarded as one of the best brands out there and there are LOTS of people who run their 2" lift and swear by it. What I'm trying to say is, buy that kit and you will NOT be disappointed. The only problem I ever had was that I had a couple of shocks blow relatively early (after about 30,000 miles or so with a few hard wheelin' trips in there). The performance of the kit is outstanding though.

steeda106 said:
Whats up guys, im new to this Jeep thing and i just bought a 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport. I am looking for a 2" lift kit and was wondering if you all had any knowledge on the Rubicon Express 2" Lift. I dont want to buy a cheap kit and pay for it later, so if any one is running this kit or if anyone wants to recommend one i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

My first question what are you going to do with ot a dd or wheeler what tire size that stuff and my next suggestion is to get 2inch pucks and 2 inch blocks that way all your stock suspension is the same better ride then bilsten shocks i hear are good

Well, I'd just like to say that if you're new to Jeeps, you should get familiar with driving off road and learn your XJ's limits as it is (or with the small budget lift) before you start getting crazy with large tires and the like. You'll likely be amazed at how far a 2" budget lift will get you. If you go crazy buying fancy lifts and huge tires before you've really developed your off road driving skills, it'll be very easy to get yourself in big trouble :).

A 2 inch lift in a Cherokee can be achieved by using late 80's early 90's S-10 Blazer front coil springs and rear leafs its a fairly cheap lift option cost about $150. but very effective and will give you a better ride than the stock springs
Avoid lifts that require lift blocks if possible

I am about to install a 3" teraflex supension lift kit on my 2005 TJ with 4.0l six and auto trans. I ahve been told I could have a vibration problem with my transmission with a 3" lift. Is this true? and if it is what is the fix?

Well, you'll get vibrations if you install the lift and don't either drop the transfer case or install an SYE kit and CV rear driveshaft. Lift kits typically come with t-case drop brackets. The benefit of going that route is that it's cheaper and easier to install. The problem with it is that by lowering the transfer case you are taking away 1/2 to 1 inch of the clearance you gained from your lift kit. The pro's of going with an SYE kit/CV driveshaft is that you get the maximum ground clearance from your lift but the con is that it's a lot more expensive and more difficult to install. By the way, for the SYE kit/CV driveshaft route you also will have to have adjustable upper control arms in the rear.

Back