look what i found

88WRANGRED

road3_280-2.jpg

http://www.rockcrawler.com/features/newsshorts/04january/naias/jeep_unlimited/index.asp

http://www.rockcrawler.com/reviews/jeep/wrangler_2004_unlimited/information/versitility.asp

http://www.rockcrawler.com/reviews/jeep/wrangler_2004_unlimited/information/choice.asp

Okay, I'll bite...
This "new" concept has been done before, just never on an assembly line. I didn't like them then and I don't like it now. I can see why some would like it, perhaps people that need the room of a cherokee but like the looks of a wrangler... It still doesn't compare to the storage of an XJ, but looks almost as long. If the public wants another 6 inches of storage space are they just going to lengthen it again? I say pick a model... it's a good concept, just not for me. Not to mention that soft top looks ridiculous!

A Two Jeep family?!

trail2_280-2.jpg

It doesn't look too bad with the top off but I agree with Joopin that it's kinda funny looking with that soft top on. It might fit a need but certainly not mine.

Well if you tried stuffing a wife kid and all of your camping stuff into a CJ5 that looks a lot better. I probably wouldn't buy one but man I miss having space. You would not beleive how much crap you have to pack for a 1 year old!!!!!!

I've been thinking about that very same thing avyoung... and I believe I have a slight solution. I've designed a back seat that's a two piece. I just need to start cutting up my back seat :shock: If it works out ok, I'll make sure to document it. With the back seat as a two piece, it's easier to haul more things in it AND have room for an additional passanger. I know, I know... I've openned this up for some shots :)

That thing looks goofy :roll:

That's a good Idea but I have another one on the way due in June. I think I will have to rebuild my little trailer to haul junk in.

That Jeep looks dorky. I think all of them do with those little donut tires. Picture that thing with 6" of lift and some 36's under it. I think it would be killer.

Transmission mount

I think it is pretty cool.The closest to a CJ8 I have yet to see as a TJ.One thing I dont dig is the departure angle on that thing.

i have to go with redrooster. if it was lifted with big tires it would be smooth ride, its almost like a cj8

Just another thought. Ive heard people gripe about how loud the soft top is on the current TJ. Can you imagine how load that thing has gotta be? That much extra length on there its going to be so much worse. O well, to each there own, but i wouldnt spend my money on one.

Nathan

Remember I said I've seen something like this before? Well here it is...
It doesn't look much better, but it can hold more crap than MY yj!

image-missing.png

I like it it would look alot better with a nice lift and big meats under it

I bet if besstop makes a bikini/windjammer/duster for it it will look badass

besideds ditch the back seat rhynoline the interrior and modern scrambler is waht you get

Better yet, I'd rather drive this...

image-missing.png

If new Jeeps weren't so expensive, I would snatch one of those up. Maybe I'll wait til one gets rolled and buy it salvaged. I have added 9.5" of wheelbase to mine and it is nice especially on steep hills. I would slap a lift, some one tons and a supercharger on there and then tube it out. Yes, I am a dreamer.

Sully said:
I think it is pretty cool.The closest to a CJ8 I have yet to see as a TJ.One thing I dont dig is the departure angle on that thing.

SULLY - The Jeep website claims the departure angle is better than the standard TJ, and the approach angle is the same.

AVYOUNG- "You would not beleive how much crap you have to pack for a 1 year old!!!!!!" Not only do I believe it, I live it (4th time now)!

I'm not a big fan of it. The Hardtop looks better (website), but it needs bigger tires and more clearance - especially with the longer wheelbase. Seeing one on the road (or better yet, trail) will make it easier to judge.

Really?That is strange.I would think the rear end on that thing would hit easier than a regular TJ.

Back