Looking for 4.10

drivers

im looking for a front end for my 97 TJ
in it right now is danna 30 4.10 gears
been looking at wreckin yards around here but to no avail
i would like to swap out the hole front axil diff everything
let me know what ya got or any suggestions on where to look, if other stuff will work

The only real upgrade would be a Dana 44... you could just upgrade yours some if your not wheeling it to hard. Some more info on what you want it to do, tire size, and terrain and we could help point you in the right direction.

-James

many of the parts in my front end are dameged (drivers u joint, diff seal and bearing ) and the gears are starting to get chewed up, was wondering if cherekee front end is the same or if i have to find one out of a tj

The Cherokee front axle is a slight upgrade as most are a high pinion axle. Look for '95-99 as they'll have the larger axle ujoints. They went to a low pinion axle in '00 or '01.

The Cherokee front axle is a slight upgrade as most are a high pinion axle. Look for '95-99 as they'll have the larger axle ujoints. They went to a low pinion axle in '00 or '01.

is there any modifications i would have to make to it? or would it be a plug and play situation?

Pretty much plug & play. There are some variance in wheel bearing, stub shafts, & rotors over the yrs, but you can use yours to make replacements easier.

-James

ty very much for the imput i know cherikee front ends are plentiful not too much for tj stuff out there

no luck yet finding a front end..... found one from a YJ will that work??

Yes it would work, but the Yj axle has a 2 piece pass axle shaft, and a 2 piece axle tube, and you would have to put all the brackets for coils and control arms on it. Not really worth it in my opinion. I would just keep looking for the XJ axle. It's so worth waiting and getting the right one.

-James

Yes it would work, but the Yj axle has a 2 piece pass axle shaft, and a 2 piece axle tube, and you would have to put all the brackets for coils and control arms on it. Not really worth it in my opinion. I would just keep looking for the XJ axle. It's so worth waiting and getting the right one.

-James

may be worth it to wait but when your front axil is fallin apart and ya still need it as a daily driver.... ya kinda gotta take what ya get......

True, but I would expand my search so I wouldnt have to swap all the brackets over, or spend the $ on it.

-James

Back