looking for info

micktoo

does anyone know where I might find factory info on a 99 wrangler sport? such as colors, options, etc. that were available at that time?

Plus, any thoughts on adding A/C to said Jeep? is it $$$? Is it too much of a hassle to be worth it? I have always had A/C standard so I have no experience with this type of mod.

A lot to ask at once, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Are you looking to buy? If so you don't need to add a/c to a 99 TJ... just look for one that came with it from the factory...

As far as colors and options are concerned, I don't know how much variation has occured since 99 (I think aside from a few new colors it is minimal), but the jeep website has a link where you can build your own jeep with whatever options you like:

http://www.jeepunpaved.com/

good luck,
jim
85 CJ

[This message has been edited by jsharifi (edited April 27, 2001).]

Get ahold of a Junk yard... Tell them you ar elooking or parts from any TJ.. All TJ AC parts are capatable... Once a Yuppie recks his Sahara and it is sent to the bone yard.. you get the parts... I have added AC to my YJ and to a friends TJ. TJ was MUCH easier! No need to add vents under dash... get a machanics manual and you are set.. I suggest buying a new Belt though.. took me about 2 hours...

that sounds much easier than I thought it would be. is this something that someone who has never worked on a jeep before could do? (as in- only done repairs on a beretta...) $$$ is definitely a factor, but that sounds a hell of a lot cheaper than having a shop do it. but would I need additional parts other than what comes from the wrecked one? Sorry I'm being a pain with so many ???'s but I haven't had this Jeep very long, and don't know too much about them.

M

[This message has been edited by micktoo (edited April 27, 2001).]

Hey! Here is a real inexpensive solution to your A/C dilemma...AND it's genuine Jeep A/C ...Yank that hard top off!!! Not cool enough, yet? Fold down the windshield...

Well, Chris has a point. The trouble with having ac in a Jeep is that when the weather warms you are inclined to keep the top on and turn on the ac.

God never meant for Jeeps to have ac. That was Chrysler's idea. When it gets warm the top is suppose to come off of a Jeep.

That's the law here in California you know.

There are also co who specialize in adding aftermarket ac for a couple of hynderd bucks.

I would also think there is probably kits available.

For real info, go to ac shop and ask how hard they think it would be.

hope this helps...

I'm never inclined to have the top on my Jeep, except for those pesky days when my feet would be in three inches of water.... That would be the only time I'd actually want to use A/C. If Jeep tops were intended to stay up, they would have been bolted on (and I would still find a way to take it down). Just trying to make my rainy day Jeep experience a little bit cooler.
Thanks everybody.

10-4!
REAL Jeepers NEVER put thier top on!

I tried it one year. When the rains began in winter I threw a tarp over my Jeep.

On those clear sunny cold Jan days I would bundle up and drive. But everytime, I ended up with a cold!

I made out better the next year when i put on just the soft doors with the bikini top.
Worked pretty well, except my wife kept whining until I put the full soft top on for her...

Dang wemmin...nuthin but trouble...

>My Jeep never asked me where I was late last night...

>My Jeep never asked for no dumb stone, unless of course it was a FIRESTONE...

>My Jeep never cared if i watched the game and didn't cut the grass...

!

Ok.. here is the info... for a TJ AC Kit it is $829.99 from JC Whitney. www.jcwhitney.com. part # 76ZA0054WF. Comes with everything.. Vents, fan, evaporator, drier, hoses, condensor, and compressor.... I have done this to my YJ.. I live in Chicago and we have many 90 degree rain days.... E-mail me @ rik_e_ric@yahoo.com if you would like more info.. the install took me about 2 1/2 hours

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2[/IMG]Originally posted by sillsmack:

Dang wemmin...nuthin but trouble...

>My Jeep never asked me where I was late last night...

>My Jeep never asked for no dumb stone, unless of course it was a FIRESTONE...

>My Jeep never cared if i watched the game and didn't cut the grass...

!
</font></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Guess you didn't know you were talking to a Jeep GIRL, huh? Granted, one who stays out late AND watches the games, but still....

Jeep Girl Huh ?

Well, you know I always keep my eye out for a future ex-wife....

My girl likes riding & driving our Jeep on and off road but everytime I mention $800 for an ARB or doing a frame off restoration or, just Saturday, I mentioned our local Dunlop man offered me 4 DUNLOP RADIAL RV ROVER tires
11 X 32 X 15 mounted, balanced taxed and out the door for $529.00
She don't wanna hear about it...Geez...

WHICH REMINDS ME.....

Do you know whats the best part about working on your jeep ?
Everytime you make a mod or repair....

You gotta buy a new tool !!!!!!!!!!

!

Future ex-wife, my ass! I'm NOBODY'S future ex-wife!
image-missing.png

And I gotta say, I would probably not spend $800+ on a mod either right now. It's what I like to call financially challenged. That's why I make friends in town who like to work on the Jeep with me just for fun. As evidenced by the way I am getting this A/C in. Cause, as much as I hate it, the top's gotta go up sometimes. I always say, it's fun to be a Jeep girl, but even more fun when you're a topless Jeep girl.
image-missing.png

Everything in the world is better top less! Jeeps, beer, women....etc.... :O

Ahahahahahahah !!!

The other day I was driving along in my CJ when I came to a 4 way stop sign. Across from me, a new wrangler rolled to a stop with a pretty girl behind the wheel.

I had just yanked the top off mine and the day was a warm one, but, she had her doors off, but the top still on.

So, I hollered to her
"Time to get that top off ain't it ?"

She said "Yeah!" and started to pull her sweater off. As my jaw dropped to the floor thinking I was in for a show, she got her sweater off and has on a Tee shirt underneath.

She popped her clutch, chirped her tires and was gone.
I gotta quite talking to strange wemmins....

That's not strange, that's pretty damn funny!

The best kind of Jeep girls are the topless ones that have a sense of humor. Just goes to show you Jeep girls are more fun.

Although, I don't know that I agree that EVERYTHING in the world is better topless. If you think that's true, I've got a plumber named Fred you should get to know....

And what I don't get is: Why would you take the doors off and leave the top up? That's just plain wrong....and a little silly, too.

What i hate is new TJ's with the hardtop come hard doors. They take the top off but leave the hard doors with the window frames on them it makes the TJ look funny.

I don't understand why it seems SOOOO difficult for TJ owners to relocate the mirrors to the windshield brackets like the CJ are.

I see one now and again which has been done this way & the doors have been jettisoned.
SWEEEEET !!!!!!!!!

I suspect Chrysler put the mirrors on the doors to encourage TJ's to keep the doors on.

All Wranglers need to have the mirrors relocated when taking the doors off... As far as the silly look... yes.. TJ's do look a little silly w/ full steel doors w/ the top off... But hey.... look at the Liberty... it could be worse!!!! The TJ could have IFS and rack & pinion steering!
image-missing.png

Yep, I have one of the new(ish) TJ's w/the full doors(but soft top), and I want to get half doors, or no doors. There are just too many things I want to do, that I can't do all at one time! Maybe I just need to find a rich old man who thinks spending lots of money on my Jeep is a great idea! Or win the lottery......

But then I'd actually have to PLAY the lottery... oh well.

Micki

[This message has been edited by micktoo (edited June 07, 2001).]

Back