Loosening flush mount bolts?

I used to attend Blue Lodge with one of Loctite's Midwest Rep's. Their reference to excessive engagement length is based on three times the diameter of the bolt width. I learned a lot from Jim, God Rest His Soul, I also got a lot of samples and other Loctite products.

Agree on the bit fit and need for impact drive to remove the bolts. In my experience and reading through several write-ups of successful removals heat is required.

From loctite website Loctite Threadlocker Blue 242 from Loctite Adhesives from Loctite Products Mobile Product Advisor. Expert guidance to find the best adhesive, glue and sealing solutions.

"...For disassembly, shear with standard hand tools and remove with methylene chloride. In rare instances where hand tools do not work because of excessive engagement length, apply localized heat to nut or bolt to approximately 482°F (250°C). Disassemble while hot. "

Carb and TB cleaner has methylene chloride in it but I don't know what it will do to paint.

depending on the quality of the clearcoat it will remove the paint or do nothing... any methylene based solvents are known to dissolve enamels, and so are MOST (not all, some are very friendly, such as those used for dry cleaning) chlorinated solvents. Trichloroethylene, for example is a superb degreaser, and relatively friendly to clearcoat (I used to use it to remove tar from my '91 300zx twin turbo back when I had it available.)

trico is not used in industrial cleaning anymore here where i work. too much negative effects to humans, according to whoever decides that stuff. it was great cleaner though. cleaned everything. the replacement environmentally safe cleaner sucks and you have to clean stuff 3-4 times or just scrub the crap out of it for a while.

They have been slowly eliminating Chlorinated solvents since the sixties because people don't follow the simple instructions of using rubber gloves and proper ventilation, (sounds like gasoline to me), it wont be long and chlorine bleach aka sodium hypochlorite will be banned even though it is the chlorine in our drinking water and swimming pools... after that they will be giving us breathing timers...

Liquid wrench and a hole lot of elbow grease my friend. It's a pain even after the first time haha

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Back