Magnum Winches

88WRANGRED

Has anyone heard of them? i was looking around on the net and i found this 9000lb. winch for $599. i may have to ask Santa for it!!!! From what i understand they are a division of/made by Warn, so the quality is still there but you don't have to pay so much for the Warn name.

image-missing.png

Looks cheap and has the 4.3hp motor, where Warn's standard is 4.8hp. I'd put money on it being made in China.

It's your decision, remember that you get what you pay for. If it were me I'd buy the rear Warn M8000 for less and most likely end up with a much better product.

blazer heater motor upgrade

It doesn't look like any Warn product to be "rebadged". If it were rebadged you think they would use the 4.8hp motor for manufacturing effeciency.

What's the link to POR's vendor page? Got any links with more info on this winch? I'd definately be interested in it if it's in fact made in the USA.

Warn XD9000 4.6hp and 156:1 gear ratio
Magnum 9000 4.3hp and 261:1 gear ratio
Just a few of the differences.
It does look like a Warn controller :wink:

Forgive me for being skeptical, but Ramsey has it's 'made in China' winches, and it figures Warn would also. Not to mention the appearance of the winch. Now to find somebody who actually has one, or to contact Warn and verify the origin of these winches.
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Back