massachusetts off-road trip

You defintally dont want to loose her out the back of the Jeep! :shock:

There are so many bars in MarshVegas that we can do anything, or party at my house and have a cookout...or whatever. We dont even have to do anything. Joe is working that day, he doesnt get out until 5, so he is going to be anti-social :roll: unless, I can pursuade him to hang out. If I mention the demo durby, he'll be there.

Thats sweet that your friend lives in Pembroke, because its the next town over. But, like I said before, its all good!

Hello all! I have been quietly watching this post because I was not sure I could come, but I am 90% sure my wife and I will be there! I live in South Boston and am on the Cape every weekend where I go out fourwheeling on Nauset beach in the Jeep. I really want to try some non-sand four wheeling! Christine (PurplyGirl) and I have met once on the Cape and we are starting the Jeep club down there. Looks like this will be our first (second for some) Jeep adventure! Thanks Laura Boston for putting this together and leading us to your backyard trails, hope we don't get in trouble...
I am running a black 1995 YJ with stock suspension and tires. The upgrade comes this winter I hope! You can see my Jeep pictures here: http://www.cardomain.com/id/outerbeachyj

I can't wait to meet you all and share a day of riding through the trails with you. I will be there at 9:30 - 10:00 on Saturday morning the 23rd at the Ski Market parking lot off exit 12, I know exactly where it is.

Feel free to e-mail me anytime at adam_milsky@gensler.com

Happy Trails! :)

YEAH! Sweet, wicked cool that your (90%) comming. I hope you like the trail(s).

They are super easy! It's more like joy riding through the woods...

We CAN'T get in trouble. There are no signs. I drive by there EVERY day, and look for signs, or anything that says you cant go back there. I have only found 2 entrances, and both on main streets, and there are NO signs.

If we were to do the Bridal Trails. Which, I went back there this weekend, and the only thing for 4x4's is the pit, unless you want to try and get down the ATV trails, which will be tight for Jeep...but if you guys are willing I have never been back there.

I might just check it out before next weekend, and see if we can really fit back there. Actually, it might be better then the other trail.

The other Fire trail, is about 1/2 mile long and straight. The only reason I like it is the puddles of MUD! Its fun to splash in the mud.

Honestly, I hope it is worth all your while! All this traveling, from Boston, and the Cape. I dont want you all to be disapointed on the lameness of the trails...but I guess any wheelin is good!

~Laura

Laura dont worry about disapointing anyone. If everyone is from MA then they know how hard it is to even find a puddle to wheel thru. Plus just the fact of just meeting up with others from the forum is way cool. There will be no sad Jeep faces :wink:

I hope so! I will still have fun, I have fun just driving down my friend dirt road! :shock: Its more like a dirt driveway.

His Dad said, "Laura, did we see you drive down the driveway yesterday?"

I was like, "Yeah."

He said, "What did you do that for?"

I said "I was wheelin! :lol: "

He looked at me :roll: , shook his head and walkd away!

Can we say LOSER!

Don't worry if the trails are easy. I'm sure it will be wicked pissah! Can't wait to meet you all in person. I have a digital camera and will get some cool shots of the trip to post somehere on the net. Probably will post them on the JeepYJ.net site the following Monday. If the trails are too easy, we can always go back in the winter after a light snow fall?! See you soon.

Hey whats up outerbeachYJ, If you want, I wil be passing right through southie on my way to rt3, if you want we can meet up and make it a YJ carravan! If not I hope to see ya there.

As for wheeling in snow, wooh, gotta make sure i don't get too cocky like in past trips, But I will savethose stories for camp fire time hehe!

OuterbeachYJ, email me, I will send you my cell number, give me a buzz. Neponset Circle car wash would be a decent place to meet up.

jps4jeep@aol.com

Johnny

Hey Johnny,

Just sent you an e-mail. Can't wait to meet everyone on the 23rd. Cool, another JY Jeep nut like myself here in Boston. We have lots to talk about. See you soon... :lol:

Sent you an e-mail

I figured the dirt road/driveway, was way better then going foward and backwards in my cousins (2 car) gravel driveway! J/K I didnt really do that. :lol:

liar, you know ya did.

Outerbeachyj, gonna go check on that and will be back to ya!

Johnny

Which axle is weaker?

copied from other post "mass wheelin b4 23rd"

o.k. thankx for ditchin' me PG!!! j/k um..... outerbeachyj can you send me an email if/when you read this if your gonna be on cape. i'm going up on friday some time so hopefully we can meet up. if not i'll get directions to
M-field and go by myself.....

we should post everyone's email and figure out definite plans. i probably won't have access to a computer later in the week so i want to make sure i can contact whoever on saturday morning. (cell phone #'s)

ray

raygalli1118@hotmail.com

p.s. a list of goodies wouldn't be bad either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will formulate a list of things you should have and might want to take. #1 is a trash bag. when ever I go wheeling, I carry a trash bag to pick up the mess of those that don't respect the land.

I always carry a small tool kit, U- joints, tow strap, oil, change of cloths, (including a bathing suit), blanket. You probably get the hint.

Someone needs to bring a camara. I can but I won't develope the photo's for another two years.

I will email my cell to Ray Laura, ETC. I think I sent it to Adam already?

See ya in 5 days

OH ya the most important thing, I will bring the motley crue CD! can't wheel with out a little "shout at the devil" :twisted:

Hi,

I have decided to keep the Jeep on the Cape and I will just drive up to Marshfeild on Saturday morning. It is about an hour from my house on the Cape. I will be there between 9:30 and 10:00. If you want to meet me on the Cape (perhaps Barnstable Burger King exit 6 at 8:45 am) and Drive up together (88 Wrangler or Christine), that would be great!
I am bringing the usual beach off roading equipment, and my digital camera so I will take tons of pictures and post all pictures on OFOTO.COM the following Monday morning. I will be playing the Dead or Dave Mathews, no Motly Crue in this rig! 88 wrangler, I will send you an e-mail so we can meet up, and exchange cell #rs etc. Johnny, hope you had fun in NH and cant wait to meet everyone on Saturday! Christine, hope you can come up earlier, how is the new Grand Cherokee?!

My plan

outerbeach, you da man! :p , thanks for hookin me up with someone to travel with, but i got to warn you i hope you like to go slow!!!!!!!!! i'll give you a call probably on thursday night to figure stuff out.

thankx again,

ray

Back