MC2100 coming in the mail

wm69

Alright, I've got what should be a motorcraft carb coming UPS. I love my weber on my trail rig but with another baby on the way I can't afford another weber, so I thought for the wife's jeep I'd try the MC carb (after reading about several of you on here who have had good results). The carb is coming off of an 81 Ford pickup with a 302. The guy said he couldn't find the venturi size on the carb so I've got fingers crossed it's a 1.08 (I got it VERY cheap and figured it was worth the risk). I know one of you regulars is running a 1.21. Does that run rich or eat a ton of gas, or does it really do OK on your rig. I was also wondering if there's any particular adapter plate that works better. I have seen a couple of different manufacturers make them in a couple of different write ups on the net and was wondering what the first hand account here was. Anybody got a good link to a carb rebuilding site? I've heard the MC2100 is supposed to be easy as far as carbs go, and I want to do it myself, but I don't want a bunch of spring loaded parts flying around the kitchen (I've never rebuilt a carb but you gotta learn sometime). I am reasonably mechanically inclined and figure I can do this with some directions. That's about all I have until the carb gets here (should be monday), but any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've only read of the Mr. Gasket adapter plate being used, I think Tug has the part number. I know it's in an old Motorcraft carb post if you try a search.

i stung someone

Bounty__Hunter said:
I've only read of the Mr. Gasket adapter plate being used, I think Tug has the part number. I know it's in an old Motorcraft carb post if you try a search.

Yeah I did a search and saw Tug has the 1.21. I have heard that summit racing has an adapter, but also that the local boys have a different one that supposedly will work too, but I can't find the write up (seems like it was for an old rochester carb). I think I've got enough info to do it, but the more info I have the better, right? The things supposed to be here tomorrow so I'll look at it, not be able to figure something out, freak out, and be back here crying. Sound about right? :lol:

Don't worry about the size. The 1.08 is okay for a factory engine. I'd prefer the 1.21 or bigger with a longer duration camshaft and/or major flow improvements.

As far as adapters go, take time to prep whatever one you decide to go with before you install it. You want a smooth transition from adapter to intake, with no steps or ridges. Use a die grinder to match up the openings and smooth out any possible machining burrs or casting flash.

RE: Re: RE: YJ progress

i have an adapter NIB as well as a rebuild kit for the 1.08. $30 shipped if you're interested

red89yj said:
i have an adapter NIB as well as a rebuild kit for the 1.08. $30 shipped if you're interested

The carb ended up being a 1.21 (the guy said he couldn't find the tag, but that the carb was off of a 302). I think I'll still use it. The gorillas at UPS broke the fuel filter off the side so I had a little fun last night getting the threaded part out (guy didn't pack the carb very well). I'm going out of town for tgiving so I probably won't start on it till next week when I get back. Be prepared for some questions! (oh, and thanks for any answers). This thing has a lot of ports on it and I don't have any idea what any of them are for. Should be interesting.

OK OK OK

Ditto Advanced Adapters. They seemed to know and have lots of stuff for the older Jeeps

i dont think advanced adapters does carb adapters. their stuff is 95% drivetrain adapters

the PN for the carb adapter is mr. gasket 1937

Back