member status

Utah_jeepster said:
Personally Terry it doesn't bother me in any shape or form. I think you could cut the titles and no one would care, let me rephrase that no one should care.

I just added those to poke fun at this issue.

Really does it matter how many posts you have?

I dont think so...

Thank you Mr. 787. :lol: :lol: :D

Seriously. The two message boards I've posted to the most have always boitched and moaned about post counts.....I just don't see the problem with being a prolific poster. I also don't see the problem with being someone with only 87 posts. Post count sure has no influence on how good a Jeeper you are, or how serious you are about it, or even how much you know about it.

My suggestion would be to let us choose our own titles. One of the other sites I was on was free to post, but also had a premium membership where you had extra perks for paying $x per month or year. The premium members could get their own titles under their names. You could either give everyone their own title or make it a perk of being a "senior" member......if the software allows it.

I've seen alot of other sites with premium memberships, and I've thought of it for Jeepz.com. I'm just not sure what special features I could come up with to make it worthwhile.

How do you guys feel about a paid member status? I currently pay monthly for a fark.com subscription, and it seems to work pretty well. Any idea on what you get at other sites for your money?

On Pirate they have vendor giveaways where only paying members can participate. But, that wouldn't work here. They also host pictures for paying members...but that's no big deal since there's so many free picture hosting sites out there.

So I'm not really sure what you could have here for paying members only...

Well, Terry, I, for one, have always thought you should get SOMETHING for your efforts.........God knows I don't have the patience or the time to do what you do for all of us for free. Another BIG THANKS here from the muds.:mrgreen:

Well, I certainly wasn't suggesting making this a paid site, not even just for those who can afford it. All I was suggesting is giving each member, regardless of status, the option of choosing their own title under their screen name. However, this is one site I would be willing to pay for to be a member. Unfortunately, not everyone here would be able to afford a premium membership, and I don't like the idea of excluding anyone on this site from anything.

TerryMason said:
Any idea on what you get at other sites for your money?
On NAXJA I have the status of a member # (instead of "forum user") and they sent me a sticker and a periodic newsletter. There may be a member's only forum, but I only go to the tech forum on that site, and it is a rarity.

I'm not big on the idea, but if operating costs are getting cumbersome I wouldn't mind it.

Back