Mingez I give up. You were right, people are stupid...

TwistedCU

This is a copy of an e-mail I got yesterday. We have all gotten it or one like it at least once. I am truly amazed that anyone would be dumb enough to buy into let alone forward a message like this POS (scroll to bottom for my standard reply to these junk mailings) :

THIS TOOK TWO PAGES OF THE TUESDAY USA TODAY - IT IS FOR REAL

Subject: PLEEEEEEASE READ!!!! it was on the news!

This thing is for real. Rest assured AOL and Intel will follow through with their promises for fear of facing a multimillion-dollar class action suit similar to the one filed by PepsiCo against General Electric not too long ago.

Dear Friends; Please do not take this for a junk letter. Bill Gates sharing his fortune. If you ignore this, You will repent later. Microsoft and AOL are now the largest Internet companies and in an effort to make sure that Internet Explorer remains the most widely used program, Microsoft and AOL are running an e-mail beta test.

When you forward this e-mail to friends, Microsoft can and will track it ( If you are a Microsoft Windows user) For a two weeks time period.

For every person that you forward this e-mail to, Microsoft will pay you $245.00 For every person that you sent it to that forwards it on, Microsoft will pay you $243.00 and for every third person that receives it, You will be paid $241.00. Within two weeks, Microsoft will contact you for your address and then send you a check.

Regards. Charles S Bailey General Manager Field Operations
1-800-842-2332 Ext. 1085 or 904-1085 or RNX
292-1085 Charles_Bailey@csx.com Charles_bailey@csx.com

I thought this was a scam myself, But two weeks after receiving this e-mail and forwarding it on. Microsoft contacted me for my address and withindays, I receive a check for $24,800.00. You need to respond before the beta testing is over. If anyone can affoard this, Bill gates is the man.

It's all marketing expense to him. Please forward this to as many people as possible. You are bound to get at least $10,000.00. We're not going to help them out with their e-mail beta test without getting a little something for our time. My brother's girlfriend got in on this a few months ago. When i went to visit him for the Baylor/UT game. She showed me her check. It was for the sum of $4,324.44 and was stamped "Paid in full"

Like i said before, I know the law, and this is for real.

Intel and AOL are now discussing a merger which would make them the largest Internet company and in an effort make sure that AOL remains the most widely used program, Intel and AOL are running an e-mail beta test.

& nbsp;

When you forward this e-mail to friends, Intel can and will track it( if you are a Microsoft Windows user)for a two week time period.

TRy it; What have you got to lose

I replied by sending this link:
http://www.bordergatewayprotocol.net/~jon/humor/web_animations/may02-smilepop-soapbox4.swf/

Yeah, I was just thinkin'............I'm overdue to get ANOTHER one of those. After responding to the hundreds of others, I've got nearly a billion in the bank..........what'll I do with a little more???? There's no room in the vault!!!!!

RE: Thinking of Trading my YJ on this GT

One of these days, I'll have to post a copy of the conversations between my brother and one of those "Nigerian Inheritance" scam guys. You know, the one where they want to put umpteen million into your bank account to hold for them until they come to the US, then you get to keep a percentage when they get here....but first you have to send them x amount of dollars to cover the wire transfer stuff.....well, anyway, he had this guy going so bad it was hilarious!! It got to the point that the guy actually flew to the London airport to meet my brother to pick up the money!!! Oh, Lordy, I never laughed so hard at anything like I did the emails that went back and forth between them!!!!

Re: RE: Thinking of Trading my YJ on this GT

That e-mail has been shooting around for a while. I like the reply link though.

my favorite is a long lost relative who was a millionaire in Africa passed away and they have been trying to track me down because he left me some money. Best part is my wife got the same email. Guess we are both rich and don't know it.

RE: snake in the house!!

Man, those things are always so funny.

I had a guy wanting to buy a truck I was selling. One of those, I'll give you this cashiers check for a little extra than what your asking price is, then send back the extra in order to pay for the shipping charges. I sure had fun e-mailing him back and forth, and even got both his home number, cell number, and I tracked down the address and the name that the numbers were registered with....now I just need to make a trip up to Canada...

Back