Moving on up...

mingez

the road to Las Cruces!! Home of the largest Jeep Jambories, and the Chile Challenge!! http://www.off-road.com/rock/2002chilechallenge/

It's a small town, but I'm psyched. Happy to be promoted, and happy to be nearer to good camping, fishing, and wheeling. Most of all happy to be out of the Hell-Hole that is El Paso. (Sorry El Pasoans, but you know) Nice people, bad city.

Even the city of Las Cruces has website has a link to 4x4'ing as an attraction to moving there.

The Trails out there are AWESOME!! And I'll be 10 min, from some of the best of them!! Whoo Hooo!

Here are some pics of the more famous ones:

Dona Ana's eye of the needle:
image-missing.png

Coyote Canyon:
image-missing.png

Rattle Snake Canyon:
image-missing.png

The Guardian:
image-missing.png

And the Gila National Forest is 1-2 hours away!!!

wilderness-3.jpg

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

My brother used to live in Las Cruces. He loved it...

Congrats on the promo...but dude! your moving the wrong way!... your now farther from Moab

A better job, more money, and better places to wheel?
You must have that buttkissing thing down to an exact science. haha

Helical Throttle body spacer???

Utah_jeepster said:
Congrats on the promo...but dude! your moving the wrong way!... your now farther from Moab
No dude! It's North of El Paso, an hour closer to Moab! But Las Cruces is a "Moab" in it's own right. A bunch of Utah Jeepster's trailored their rigs to LC just this Feb.

Lanieac, Medford isn't going to be open for 6 months to a year, so it's still possible that I might get up there. I just wanted the $12,500 bonus now rather than later. But the west coast is where I want to end up.

Junkpile , actually, my buttkissing was insufficient to get back to Denver, Albuquerque, San Antonio. But I am very lucky to get the store I got. I'll just have to pucker a little harder. :wink:

Back