My baby left me...

Magua308

Well, yesterday was a day I knew had to come but have been dreading. My beloved YJ is off to her new home.:cry: True, I can now pay off my XJ, but I will miss having a Wrangler. I spent a lot of time yesterday and today looking at the classifieds, and really wishing I could afford one....but hey, maybe I'll win that one Quadratec is giving away. ;)

Ouch...I know how that feels dude. Sorry.

Last edited:
With a baby on the way I'm considering getting rid of mine. Trying to figure out a way to keep it plus a different daily driver.

I was in the same boat this week. The grand cherokee went off for auction. I nearly shed a tear. She was a good egg. Even if the transmission crapped on me twice.

I was in the same boat this week. The grand cherokee went off for auction. I nearly shed a tear. She was a good egg. Even if the transmission crapped on me twice.

You aren't jeepless are you judge?:(

You aren't jeepless are you judge?:(

For the first time in 8 years I am...but not for long. I am on the hunt for a TJ. I almost bought an 06 the other day. The dealership was advertising it for $17,040 brand new. 4.0L, 6spd, AC and when I went to test drive it it had a lift kit and 33" tires on it. So I was psyched. I went in to haggle some price and the internet manager informs me they would have to take off the lift and tires unless I wanted to pay for the package for a low price of $5000. So that left a bad taste in my mouth and I am looking elsewhere. I have some leads right now but nothing concrete.

I am making my long term plans to get another one. I am just trying to decide if I want to build a CJ-5 from the ground up with everything I want or save up and buy a TJ Rubicon. I have lots of time to plan.

Sorry to hear it. I've been there and it is a dark, dark place :lol:

Craig, would it be possible to kust take it off the road and put it in a garage or under tarp for a while? Don't make me remind everyone how much I regret getting rid of my first one for the need of a DD...

Craig, would it be possible to kust take it off the road and put it in a garage or under tarp for a while? Don't make me remind everyone how much I regret getting rid of my first one for the need of a DD...
Not where I live unfortunately. I live in a condo with only one underground parking space. I can park on the street but I work shift work and when I come home at night there's no parking on the street. I'll see how it goes with just using the wife's car and hope that works before I decide to sell it.

The guy who bought my YJ just called and told me that he took it to get new tires. The shop moved it and forgot to set the parking brake (and left it in nutural), well, she rolled under a semi and is now not nearly as pretty as she was before. Maybe I should have kept her.....poor girl. Trail-related body damage is one thing, but this is too much.

Not where I live unfortunately. I live in a condo with only one underground parking space. I can park on the street but I work shift work and when I come home at night there's no parking on the street. I'll see how it goes with just using the wife's car and hope that works before I decide to sell it.

Sounds like its time to move to me, when the heck did selling the Jeep cross your mind ahead of moving?

The guy who bought my YJ just called and told me that he took it to get new tires. The shop moved it and forgot to set the parking brake (and left it in nutural), well, she rolled under a semi and is now not nearly as pretty as she was before. Maybe I should have kept her.....poor girl. Trail-related body damage is one thing, but this is too much.

Rolled under a semi as in a semi driving down the road or a parked semi?

Back