My Jeep was broken into AGAIN!!

tarsij

So this summer I worked for my uncle every day and every morning I parked my jeep in front of his house and got a ride with him into work. Everythign was fine until I go to go home this afternoon and discover my jeep to be trashed. This is the second time it ahs been broken into except this time they stole my sunglasses, broke my glove box and yanked some wires out from under the dash. I'm going to take some pics tommorrow and I'll post the carnage.

TARSI

Man that really sucks!!!! Where do you live? I hate to think anyone breaking into and doing thoughtless damage to my Jeep. I hope you get a lead on the thugs that did this. If you do post and we can get a bunch of angry Jeepers up and come help you visit the low lifes. Tug :twisted:

thats retarded... if you're going to steal something... don't damage anything... theft is one thing.. vandalism is another... both are downright wrong... i've never had my jeep stolen from (that i know of)... but i've had my share of drive-by-bats

that sucks was your glovebox lockeded and was your top off???

Tarsi

That sucks big time man, I'm sorry to hear it. I worry about mine too. I park it on the street in a not so good neighborhood with no top all the time. I lock everything but I know that doesn't count for much. I guess I've been lucky. <knocking on wood>. Can't wait to get a place with a garage, myself.

That sucks tarsi,you know,the only thing that are steal able out of my jeep are sun glasses and a can of oil.But sun glasses,thats just mean.I think phiambo hit it on the nose.The theif was just jealous of you sweet ride.Hope everything works out for you.

That sucks mine was broken into for the second time also the other night. I woke up to my door being wide open and my console totaly tore apart. They took all my cd's AGAIN( this time i was smart tho they were all burnt off the computer so they dont cost much) But the ignorant fools stole my b&m crome shifter handle :cry: Now im driving with just a stick ouch. Anyways I called the police, not to have any kind of investigation but just so they know and maybe watch my naighbor hood for a few days. Im learning tho I take my face plate for my stereo in every where i go and I have all me speakers and stuff bolted to the floor. Im just glad they unziped my windows and used the door instead of cutting my top. My husbands mustang was also broken into the same night but lucky for him he has no goodies :wink: I live on the cape in a nice town, it just goes to show it doesnt matter were you live stupid people are everywhere.

I feel your pain. since moving into a "city" I've had my jeep broken into 3 times. :shock:
First time the retards couldnt get the window unzipped and ended up damaging it so I could zip it back up, they also got my CD player and broke into the console and got the face. Next time they came in through the back window and grabbed my big floor jack. Guess they saw it covered up back there and thought it was a amp or something. Hell, they even used my maglite to look around, but left it in the passenger seat when they saw they could get in my Tuffy glove box. Last time was my fault and I left my detachable face on the unit, came out the next morning and they got the face, but left the player?????? :roll:
Anyway, I bought the Tuffy glove box after the first break in. Its got some scratches from the attempt the 2nd time around. Still wanna get their center console. Alot of jeepers arent for alarm systems, but I'm still checking into those as well. Something with a motion sensor.

Sound_Man said:
The best alarm I have found is made by Smith & Wesson. :wink:
That sux and I hate to hear that but like Sound_Man, said,

To answer all your questions, Yes I did have the top up, no the doors were not locked(I don't ahve keys for them but will be having them made on wednesday), no the glovebox was not locked because I don't have a locking one. It happened in P-burg, NJ in the middle of the day right outside of the house. As soon as funds allow I will be purchasing a locking glovebox and security console. They tried to take the jeep, but couldn't get it started. What really makes me mad is that they scratched my drivers door all up. But they were really stupid and left their house keys sitting on my drivers seat. And while Im not old enough to own the Smith and Wesson brand alarm system, We do have the Paslode security system(self contained framing nailer that shoots at 135psi). Those make a mark when they hit you.

TARSI

93 YJ gas tank

Mebbe you should get a bumper sticker:

PROTECTED BY AIR NAILER SECURITY SYSTEM

That'd give em pause - btw, sorry to hear about your rotten luck

Sound_Man said:
jhiggins said:
That sux and I hate to hear that but like Sound_man said
Shame on you J... you know better and the rest should know that to point a gun at a thief...you may be commiting a crime.
I am sorry to say this gents but protected by S&W or Ruger (my personal CCW) or any other gun will get you in trouble. I hate car thiefs and other scum bag's just the same, but if you find a creep breaking in the best thing is to call the police. The law states if you shoot an un-armed person who wasnt threatening your life you have commited a crime a capitol crime at that. The wording varies state to state but the police are trained to handle this cituation. Be a good witness thou.. get a good look at the scum bag.. if he is in a car get the plate number. Dont be a dead hero...just a smart one and put the "crim" behind bars and give him a record.

That is the good thing about the GREAT STATE OF TEXAS you don't have to chase a theif/or are expected to chase a theif to recover your stolen goods...:)

Utah_jeepster said:
Sound_Man said:
jhiggins said:
That sux and I hate to hear that but like Sound_man said
Shame on you J... you know better and the rest should know that to point a gun at a thief...you may be commiting a crime.
I am sorry to say this gents but protected by S&W or Ruger (my personal CCW) or any other gun will get you in trouble. I hate car thiefs and other scum bag's just the same, but if you find a creep breaking in the best thing is to call the police. The law states if you shoot an un-armed person who wasnt threatening your life you have commited a crime a capitol crime at that. The wording varies state to state but the police are trained to handle this cituation. Be a good witness thou.. get a good look at the scum bag.. if he is in a car get the plate number. Dont be a dead hero...just a smart one and put the "crim" behind bars and give him a record.

Agreed that it is a crime to shoot an unarmed person. What I have done and will do again when and if necessary is detain a person(s) at gunpoint and call the police and let them do their job. When my house was broken into I held 2 guys down in my yard at gun point until the police showed (my neighbor made the call) and I know that if I had not let them see that I was armed they would have fled. Is the reason they got caught because I had a gun? Could be. Would they rip someone else off after they were done with me? Probably. Do I condone the use of weapons for civilians to enforce law at their own hand? NO. Should everyone own a gun? No.
I do however believe in our right to bear arms as Americans and know that if a thief knows that this house/car owner/land owner has a gun they are more apt to leave it alone. As far as I am concerned that is all good in my book.
I have a concealed firearms permit. I am sure that most of you over the age of 21 could get one too as long as you have not been convicted of a felony. Do I conceal my firearms? Hell no. I want every scumbag that might even consider being stupid to know that I am armed. It may make them think twice before they get stupid.
I have years and years of military training and I am sure that my opinion and stature towards weapons and the way that I handle them is different than most people. I want to bear arms and I want thieves, crooks, and drug dealers and screwed up people to know that I carry one. I wish that everyone I know was trained in how to use a handgun and carried one with them all the time. Would this lead to anarchy? No. Did it 200 years ago? No. It lead to a very strong group of people that were able to get this country on it's feet and make something of the country. Crime was almost unheard of back then and when it did happen it was resolved very quickly.
BAH!! I am on a rant and venting. I have been in a few combat zones in countries where people were not able to fend for themselves. Here in the US we can and I think we should. If some crack head wants to try to rip me off I will rip off his life by making sure he winds up behind bars not dead. If some @$$hole wants to mess with my car, jeep, or the tree in my front yard I guarantee that if I say stop and the guy thinks he can run and get away he will. If I stay stop or I will shoot they stop and stop quick.
I really don’t mean to offend anyone with my views but they are mine and I am free to have them. That’s the 1st amendment. I choose to bear arms and that is my right. BTW that’s amendment #5. I spent 17 years doing my part to make sure that everyone, from tree hugger to want to be Nazi’s that live in this country are free to voice his or her opinion. I also spent a great deal of time in other countries trying to help people or nations that do not have the freedom that we have to voice themselves or to protect themselves the way we can. Then when I hear someone say that bearing arms is a bad thing it chaps my @$$. Why is it that this country has never had a full-scale invasion from one of our enemies? I'll tell ya if you have not figured this out yet. 1 in 3 people in this country own a gun. That 3rd of the population owns enough weapons to supply the other 2/3rds and guess what, when threatened we as Americans will use our weapons. At least that’s what history has shown. With all the "greenies" and "humanitarians" running around today there is no telling. The French were that way and it took the Germans less than 30 days to take their country. Do you think the Canadians or the Mexicans could do that to us? I doubt it. The civilian population is armed, and feared by other countries.

RANT RANT RANT.

Let me get off this soapbox before I explode.

You are right Sound_man we as a nation do enjoy certain libertys that other nation's only dream about. And exersizing my 5th admendment I do own guns and even own a few class 3 wepons with tax stamps. But stepping out to halt a crime with a drawn wepon is some thing that many here are not properly trained to handle. This is why I suggest they exersize caution and call the police who are trained to handle these type of people who believe they are beyond the law.
Confronting a person in the act of a crime is a very dicie situation where the dynamics change in fractions of a second.
Many here need to ask them selfs are they ready to get themselves hurt for a 200$ stereo ? Are you ready to take the perpertrators life for that stereo?
For let me remind everyone once a gun is brought into play you dont shoot to wound...it is to kill.

Nope but we have some tall trees in Texas where we can scare the crap out of them but that is a very good point ...$200 or someones life...Hmmmmmmmm

One of the most enjoyable evenings I´ve had recently, was sitting on the front stoop, listening to my Shepard and Weimaraner, barking and chasing two would be auto thiefs, through the village, for the better part of half an hour. The dogs were barking and howling the thiefs were yelling and screaming and I was giggling and laughing.
police asked for a discription of the theifs, told them to check the Hospitals for perforated rear ends.
I keep a Remington 1100, slug barrel, with a load of skeet shot, for home protection. Also have it fitted with a Buck bayonet and a Mag light. My thinking being, options. I have the option of using it as a club, a knife, or a firearm. Besides it has a substantial pucker factor, just looking at it. Being a victim isn´t a real attractive option. I feel I have a duty to my family, my nieghbors and myself, to keep the wolves at bay.
Many thieves are just a little to full of testasteron, sociopathic tendancies or desperate, to be taken lightly.

Back