My new stereo

Tison78_CJ5

This is my DIY Jeep stereo.
Even has a USB charger for my MP3 player.

Attachments

• DSC00728.JPG
    DSC00728.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 33
  • DSC00726.JPG
    DSC00726.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 35

I admire your expertise in electronics . If I were half as good as you , the motherboard pinout for the front panel audio jack of my Dell Dimension desktop would be complete. The usb combo was easy though. You are the man ! :shades:

Thanks Greg,
I guess I have to much time on my hands.
It has been fun getting back into building my own pc boards. Haven't done one sense I was 13 years old. ha
Tison

If I do away with the active bass/treble control " the two pots on it", and make it flat on the tone, It would be totally digital control. Then you could go with membrane keys, for volume, and balance. Heck, then you could pot it into a block.

I still have some more work, but should have it going next week.

Cost wise, the pc board was about $ 15.00 for board + chemicals, all the other parts about $ 20.00
Plus 2 weeks design time.

I must admit, this has been fun to me. After complete, I want to get a broken Jeep radio, to build it into.

Good luck with finding a Jeep CJ radio, I had been looking for bout 2yrs when I found the AM one I have now on Craigslist. They're pretty hard to come by. I called a a guy in Kingsport that has been parting Jeeps for years and he said he had never even seen one in a CJ. I mean I see em on ebay but I just couldn't bring myself to pay what they were asking. Also I will warn you CJ factory radios are different than Cherokee, Wagoneers and J10 radios. If you will notice the gauges are real close to the top of the radio in a CJ. A CJ radio is made kinda low profile on top to alow for this.
I will keep my eye out for ya locally, if I see one I'll give a shout.

Thanks, I figured it would be easy wanting a broken one. I know there are none around me.
Shame mine was gone.

Back