New Jeep Willys Edition

X_Factor

Has anyone else seen this new 2004 Jeep Wrangler Willys Edition? From what I can tell from the picture, it looks like it's going to have the same style wheels that the older military Jeeps had. It's marketed towards older military people who want to relive the glory days I guess. But I'm not sure it's going to sell so well. I mean, what military Jeep had a 7 speaker subwoofer sound system?

The only thing I could find on the Willys is this one. The 2005 Concept Willys.

image-missing.png

I didn't see anything about a 2004 Wrangler Willys on the Jeep site. Maybe another company is converting them?

Check out the Jeep Icon. They say it's what the future could look like. (see below)
image-missing.png

Jeep Icon concept vehicle fully embodies youthfulness, excitement and never-ending adventure. Icon's compact, muscular stance was created by reducing Wrangler's overall length and overhang, increasing the size of its bumpers, tires and wheel arches, widening its track and increasing wheel travel to a full ten inches. In other words, enhancing Wrangler's already legendary capability on the trail. Jeep Icon – what the future could look like.

Engine: 2.4-Litre I-4
Drivetrain: Six-Speed Manual Transmission
Body: Two-Door, Unitized with Integrated Safety Cage
Suspension (front & rear): Double-Wishbone with 10 inches of travel
Brakes: Four-Wheel Disc with Antilock Brakes
Exterior Color: Steel Blue Metallic
Interior Color: Olive and Gunmetal Gray Leather Seats with Anodized Magenta Accents

Wheelbase: 93.4”
Overall Length: 142”
Overall Width: 67.7”
Overall Height: 70.1”
Front Track: 59.2”
Rear Track: 61.6”
Wheels: Cast Aluminum 19” x 8”
Tires: Goodyear Rock Climber 245 60R 19

I kind of like this one below. The Dakar, I think. Looks like a good replacement for the GC :p

image-missing.png

http://www.dcxevents.com/

I found it.

news_willys_image-3.jpg

INTRODUCING THE U.S. ARMY-INSPIRED 2004 JEEP® WRANGLER WILLYS®

It's the stuff of legend: the U.S. Army requested a vehicle - and drove off in a hero. The Willys MB, its spirit forged by the fire of combat and honed in the heat of battle, seared its way into the hearts of warriors fighting for freedom. Fierce emotional bonds often developed between a soldier and his Jeep. The faithful MB earned a place in every GI's heart, in every area of combat, in every conceivable role. As General Dwight D. Eisenhower said, "America could not have won World War II without it."

The legacy continues today with the introduction of the Limited-Edition 2004 Jeep Wrangler Willys. Reminiscent of the soldiers' experiences with the original Willys MB during WW II, today's collectors, veterans, outdoor enthusiasts and adventurers will find themselves establishing a powerful bond with their faithful new Jeep Wrangler Willys.

STANDARD FEATURES
Exclusive Moss Green exterior color
Unique "WILLYS" decal at cowl side
Diamond-plate sill guards painted Dark Green
Body-color fender flares
AM/FM stereo radio with CD player and seven speakers (includes subwoofer in center console) - no extra charge
4.0L Power Tech I-6 engine
Quadra-Coilâ„¢ suspension
Command-Trac® four-wheel-drive system
Tow hooks
Fog lamps
Full-size spare tire with matching wheel
Lockable full-center console with four cup holders
Removable half-doors and fold-down windshield*

http://www.jeep.com/jeep_life/news/jeep/willys.html?context=jeep_life-news-index&type=link

It looks like the only difference is the paint job. I wonder how much extra they are charging for that?

Lockable full-center console with four cup holders

cupholders??? who needs cupholders in something they are trying to play off as a rendition of the willy. I don't think the first jeeps had cupholders.....

I like the color, but they dont really address any of the driveline questions. From here it looks like an X package

What about a black out kit for the lights, maybe a shovel/ axe on the side? Twin shifters on the Tcase? At least a gerry can mount. Nah, this one's designed for yuppies who will never take it off the pavement. Disgrace to the Willy's name.....

wm69,
i agree w/ what you said about a disgrace, just some damn marketing thing....
BUT i do like the look of the ICON.... if only solid axle and not IFS (It Fu*king Sucks)

The icon looks to be the replacement wrangler for 2007.IFS on a wrangler,jeep is losing it's touch.

I don't really mind the shape and everything of the icon, but I hate that stupid matte chrome plastic junk that they are stiking on everything these days, its the equivilent of really cheap gold plated jewelry

jeeps arent suposed to have all that up front it will just get ripped off.

Will only be a few years till everything is a electric / combustion deal with hydrolic motors turning the wheels and four wheeling as we know will be lost forever.

Things are a changen faster now than ever before and the speed of change is at a run away pace. My grandfather went from the horse drawn wagon to the Space shuttle in his life.

When you throw one of them stupid musical birthday greeting cards you have throwm away more computer technolgy than was in the world prior to 1945.

Jeep is going to change again and again and again till it is not a Jeep at all. Do not want to start the TJ is so a Jeep thing but it is just another step in the chain of events that will lead us down the road to not a Jeep! As was YJ and some would say CJ and ect.....

Plush and Jeep just do not go together to me, and like the man said all that stuff on the front of a jeep aint suppost to be there. Marketing is what is all about and always will be. It is not true to the true Jeep crowd, but you are already sold. They are trying to sell to the non jeep comuinity that may want to look a little tougher than the typical Suv'ers so the marketing thing is in fact good business.

When is a Jeep not a Jeep? Any time jeep makes an improvement! Is it an improvement? That is another can of worms! yes! no! yes! no! The facts are clear in the point if you like a period of jeep you need to buy that period and start to fixer up and keeper cause the Jeep will never go back to what is was and will never stop to go to where it is going.

Me, I am a YJ jeep lover. I like em and think they are the perfect blend of what they were and what they are now. So many of you will agree and so many will not agree. Some like the plush softer new TJ. I do to Robs is a great preforming rip snoting go for it on or off road ride. Just not for me. The CJ? I own one but it is just not for me! All of the CJ purist say they are all there is when it comes to jeeps. Then you have the pre 71 jeepers. The Military only crowd. All are good! All are what you make em.

Them changes are going to come and you are not going to be able to control em. I know folks that love their Libertys. We will not be going there. Some even swear by the long wheel base jeeps. Again I will not be going there. As many different ways to say jeep as there are folks that drive em.

Getting off the saop box now! all I want to get across is yup the new ideas are new. next year they will be even worse so just get ready. Buy an old in need of love jeep and make it great. Tug

1992 Jeep cherokee sport body parts needed...

Very well said. I think the next change should only be a v-8 option and maybe two inches wider and 4 inches longer body for more cargo.

i know it is a sin to say it here... but that double wishbone is not a bad setup... as a stock setup, it is superior to any full axle setup any jeep has ever had... but... to be modified, is quite limited... with 10 inches of stock travel.. that surpasses what any of us were stock... but again.... NOTHING is as modifiable as the solid axle.. and that is why I personally will stick with it

question on front axle

its funny.. there are those who swear by their v-8 and their 10" lift... the day will come when we're driving hybrids, and there will still be four wheel drives... we'll adapt, just like everything else.. i have driven V-6 powered trucks that put out more than the early V-8s with much better fuel economy, which is a good thing. I think some of the yuppy-mobiles are a little rediculous, but the die hard 4x4 community will drive the development of some new models... it will change, but so does technology... dont worry about the future of it, enjoy it while it lasts....

I love my straight 6, but the V-8's that I tear up hate being bested by my "lowly" 6 cylinder. Texans are usually opposed to anything other than a V8, and it makes it alllll worth while. 8)

But I kinda like the new look jeeps. IFS i don't. All a matter of opinion I suppose.

I think the Willy's edition is allright. At least Jeep is keeping in touch with there past and wants everyone to remeber where they came from. That Jeep Icon would be a lot better if they put the I-6 in it :D

I saw this beast today. the Sticker says Wrangler X but has a 6k set of "upgrades". Dark green soft Top with tinted windows, Green steel 15x7 wheels, basic street tires, camo seats, automatic, Green Rocker guard (same style as Rubicon), 28K for a ***WILLY'S*** sticker and it doesn't have the Star on the Hood.

NO thanks!!!!!

::Edit::
The Willy's does come with the 4.0 I-6.

reseting codes w/o a code checker

6K for steel wheels, camo seats and rocker guard!?!

You said it, no thanks.

Now if it had the star on the hood, a shovel and axe mounted on the side.....

Back