newbie shopping for another jeep

doubledrop

Hello all

my name is Eric. my first two vehicles I owned were jeeps and have been in love with em since. I started with a '71 CJ-5 when I was 15 that I restored with my dad, where I learned about working on engines, doing body work, suspension, electronics, and even paint. I moved up to a '79 CJ-7 a coupl eyears later that I went through the same thing with a restore. Sold it to pay off the last of my studen loans many many years ago and I want to start a project with my 11 year old in the garage. I currently own a 2005 Ford F250 with an 8" Rize 4-link lift on King Coilovers. I love lifting trucks and jeeps. want to find a later year CJ-7 or maybe look into some YJ's or TJ's but I always loved the CJ, rhino line the interior of the tub and could always just hose em down after a long day muddin. Hope to be here a long time.

Welcome Eric.

Are you looking for a primary vehicle, or a toy for the weekend? I say get the CJ if you have something else to drive to work.

Welcome Eric.

Are you looking for a primary vehicle, or a toy for the weekend? I say get the CJ if you have something else to drive to work.

going to be my son's first car, so pretty much a 'daily driver' for a teenager
not going on long trips or anything. we picked up an 84 CJ7 in a GREAT deal on this site actually. Working on going to pick it up and bring it home and tear it down. I cannot wait, my son is excited as well. I am sure there will be many questions from me popping up as we go through this, but since we have years until he can drive it I can at least take my time.

Back