no brakes

fireman32

finally got the yj running after 9 months of sitting, the problem is i put new crown extended brake lines on and new hard lines two new calipers up front and no change to back except new bleeder screws, pulled out of the shop onto the road and ran two stop signs before i got back the pedal went all the way to the floor and nothing,

is this master cylinder or booster theres no obvious leakage of air or fluid anywhere.

Check all your fittings something isn't air tight new brake line might have a pin hole loose connection ect I would even let it gravity bleed a while you be surprised how sometimes it takes a while for air in line to move

ill have to try that, i was just a little confused as to why i had tight pedal for a couple of stops then nothing
another query whats the rule of thumb on bleeding new brakes 5 times per wheel 10 times or what

I try to bleed them 'til I get no bubbles...
The fact you had a tight pedal & then lost,but were able to get it back sounds like you have a fair amount of air in the lines. As 54cj3b said check for leaks & re bleed. Good Luck & let us know how it goes!

preciate the help, l will let you know, it will be monday before i can get back to it

got it fixed, went ahead and put a new master cylinder on, gravity bled the brakes as suggested bled the brakes, bled the brakes, and bled the brakes some more. after 3 qts of brake fluid i drove it home for the first time in about 10 months
thanks for the help

Back