No more vacuum in fuel sys

wadesbrain

My fuel tank no longer has a vacuum when I open the cap. My check engine light is on and Im sure the two are related. I have changed the cap. any ideas? 2005 rubicon i6

Personally, I'd check the engine oil level before starting it again.

Not sure if your model is supposed to have vacuum in the fuel tank, but you could try putting the old cap back on.

My 03 Grand Cherokee is doing the same thing. I have the problem off and on for about 2yrs. Tightening the gas cap always worked until the 3 weeks, now the "check engine" light won't go off. Auto Zone mentioned buying a new gas cap, but it's got to be something more challenging than that.

My fuel tank no longer has a vacuum when I open the cap. My check engine light is on and Im sure the two are related. I have changed the cap. any ideas? 2005 rubicon i6
Check the vacuum lines from the engine compartment particularly the line that has a t-fitting and a green cap on it. this is the test port for the emissions. Follow this line and check all the rubber hoses along the way connected to it all the way to the right rear under the rear fender. This is where the emissions canister and leak detection pump is located. replace the cracked hoses and do a battery disconnect to clear the DTC's and re-check.

My 03 Grand Cherokee is doing the same thing. I have the problem off and on for about 2yrs. Tightening the gas cap always worked until the 3 weeks, now the "check engine" light won't go off. Auto Zone mentioned buying a new gas cap, but it's got to be something more challenging than that.
Do the same recommendations , exept your emmisions canister is on the left rear of the wheel behind the bumper facia.

if your gas cap is not sealing right thats what happenes the emisions lite comes on. Change the gas cap there cheap and then reset the system see what happens if the light comes back on check the charcoal canister make shure its working but most of the time its a bad cap

Back