Nor cali jeepers?

laxpug19

Hey all, long time no post....

I have been stationed out here in norther cali about an hour north of sacramento, 2 hours south of tahoe. I need to start to find some people to wheel with. I had a buddy but he got rid of his rig, now im a dieing breed. Is there anyone in the area that wants to meet up and wheel? I know we have the rubicon in the area which i am totally down for. But i will go anywhere really... its getting to the point where i might even sell the rig so i can start saving all that gas money for when i get out. post back on here or email me at jpuglise@gimail.af.mil thanks!

I will be moving a rather capable jeep up to the thousand lakes basin area.
Above Nevada City, North San Juan, Malakoff area later this year.
There are some great trails in the area. Tahoe Nat Forest.
I have a couple of not so capable Jeeps up there now, but still have gone some pretty amazing places.
J.B.

Depends where you are coming from.
Basically Hwy 80 to Auburn, N on 49 to Nevada City,
N on 49 to Tyler Foote Crossing Road ( just before N. San Juan )
And up and over till you cross Sierras.
Many lakes and trail in between , Bowman, Jackson meadows, French,
Fauchere<sp?> , Carr, Croft, lots mor that I can't remember off the top of my head.
J.B.
See:
The USGS Store

This is not quite what I wanted, the map I show is a zoomed in Topo version of this. This ends up being just a locator.

You can download thr "Truckee" 30' X 60' Topo from this site ( or any other)
and it will give you the basic idea.
J.B.

After reading your first post again. Are you at Beale?
J.B.

Ya, i live off base south 30 minutes in roseville, ca. Thanks for the hook up maybe ill catch you out there.

Yeh, I'm pretty close.
I will be up there Sat . preparing for a short backpacking trip with my son either up Echo lakes area or walking the Rubicon to check it out before running it.
( walk before run? an unintentional pun ). There have been some pretty wicked
lightning storms above timber line so that will determine where we go.
I have another project ( just about finished ) ex AF M-37 fire engine.
see:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/18977553@N02/sets/72157603008123363/

Attachments

• DCP_0183.JPG
    DCP_0183.JPG
    217.8 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:

Thats pretty cool. Are you a fire fighter? Thats what i do on base. My assistant cheif is rebuilding one right now, not sure what but its pretty cool.

Back