Painting my Rubicon!

whiterubicon

I painted my white 2004 Rubicon pink today! I was driving to work today and a can of spray paint fell off the back of a truck. I was not able to miss the can due to a car in the lane next to me. I hit the can with my right front tire and heard the thing burst. I did not stop to look at the paint job till I got to work. It was Pink paint all over the right side of the Jeep and got the transmission back under the Jeep. Also had some under the hood. I had just waxed it this past weekend thank god. It made it much easier to get off. I had one of the kids at work clean the Jeep. He was happy to do it for $20.00. A pressure washer and heavy duty degreaser took it off the frame and undercarage. Now the onlything that is pink is the tires. That will be gone as soon as I can get it to the sand pit for some fun!

Lucky you just waxed it, I ran over a can of spray paint along the road side one time shot all over the side of my truck, ended up being pretty permenant. luckily the truck was a piece of junk and the paint on the truck and in the can were both white.

Good to hear it all came off alright! My Jeep still has a little yellow splattered on the side from when they were painting stripes on a nearby road, and I passed the truck because I was going to be late to school. The tires were "cleaned" the next time I went off road!

if you ever make it out to arizona they have some jeep tours called ''pink jeep" and let me tell ya... they are PINK

I almost picked that for my XJ. Thank Goodness you all convinced me to go Orange.

They were painting the underside of a bridge one time as I drove under in my XJ (about 6 months old at the time) and I got a million tiny little yellow spots all over my patriot blue truck. I was so ticked. Took forever to get it all off. I actually drove back, told the idiots what they had done, and they went to the car wash with me and scrubbed too!

Jeep Wrangler on Jay Leno

you can get off almost all paints from the paint on the Jeep. The ones that are almost impossible are Road paint. When I worked at a detail shop we had a van that ran over a can of paint. I spent about 8 hours on it with Zebra Clay and spraywax. I got it all off no problem. It would have been much easier but they had some stripes painted on it that they did not want removed.

Back