parts for my jeep (will be updated as i add stuff)

superj

remember how i recently hit the junkyard and got a clifford valve cover for 16 bucks?

20120103172642-1.jpg

i took it out and stripped it and then prepped and painted it. then i did a little smoothing of the raised lettering to attempt to make it look pretty again. this has never worked for me before but i try it on everything. anyways, here it is now

8ee69903-1.jpg

as you can tell, i am working in my tiny shed because my shade tree has no walls and the wind is blowing at the normal 20+. i have an offy intake on the way to, be here on my birthday, this friday. :) i will attempt to clean that one up the same way and post before and after pics. as i get parts, i will try and do this. i am even trying to get a nice little 1986 ford 302 from a gt mustang for the grand price of 300 bucks. the dude pulled it to drop a bigger motor in. i really hope that a 302 bolts to the stock tf999 like everything says it does. anyways, i will document that too, for you guys.

here is hte next part, my intake. 95 bucks on ebay, unfortunately, not a dual plane model.

a51f313b-1.jpg

05e2b1e5-1.jpg

3e6472b1-1.jpg

they must have bead blasted it a little

Last edited:

Nice find. Keep us posted on your build. From everything that i've heard also, That 302 should bolt right up.

Man, that shined part of the aluminum is in such bad shape, to make it beautiful, I would have to sand it down to being unreadable, ha ha ha.

I will keep everyone updated

I think you did a great job. Do you need the cover, or are you just trying to upgrade from a plastic one?

I remember that on my 85 CJ7 I could never get them to stop leaking. I must have swapped 3 of them on there.

no, mine has the metal one from the factory but i think this one will look cool with the offenhauser intake done the same way. the intake should be here tomorrow so i can start cleaning it up to paint it and then install it.

my 302 plans are not looking good, everyone on jeepforums is saying the 302 won't bolt up and all the guys running a 302 are using non jeep transmissions

man, i am so bummed!!!! i was so worried about getting the right shape valve cover that i never looked at hte number of bolts holding it on. this is a valve cover for an older 4.2 with the 5 or 7 bolts that hold it on. i have the valve cover from like a renix era 4.0 with a bunch of bolts holding the stock metal valve cover down. dang man, this sucks.

see:

20111123115824-1.jpg

Thats got to suck. But, With no more than you payed for it you should be able to turn a tidy profit if you sell it.

yes, thats what i think also but i am still bummed. at least the rib design on mine is similar to that one so i can redo mine to the same set up

Mine is similar to yours and thats what i did. looks a lot better than stock.

Back