Pine Barrens Cleanup

graewulf

I had a blast yesterday. We had about 60 or so 4x4's show up for the cleanup. I dragged my trailer along for the ride. Our trail leader was pretty good to us, he watched out for the deep spots so us stock Jeeps wouldn't sink. I had a 2005 Liberty following me with no tow points. It was kind of fun pulling the trailer through the water and mud. I just kept on the gas and it made it through with no problems (other than a broken weld on a fender - anyone local have a welder and willing to do a quick repair job?) We made it through most of our trail ride with an empty trailer ( I was starting to wonder if it was a good idea to drag it along). Then we hit the jackpot. All kinds of stuff, wood lathe, a dryer, other crap. Its amazing what people will dump in the woods (Anyone ever hear of bulk pickup????) We filled 2 30yd dumpsters and could have probably filled another one.

Pics:
http://graewulf.dyndns.org/10242004pinebarrenscleanup/index.htm

Next year I'd love to try and get more Jeepz members out for the cleanup (go to http://www.the-jersey-devil.com for details if you are interested)

For all the lunatics!

Like that pic of the YJ humpin' the CJ - pretty cool 8) ! Looks like it was a great time and ya did some good, too!

hey i would be interested a trail ride in the pines... I've seen a little bit with firemanharry down in new egypt but I wanna wheel down there!

Joopin said:
hey i would be interested a trail ride in the pines... I've seen a little bit with firemanharry down in new egypt but I wanna wheel down there!

You're too busy to ride. :roll: :lol: 8)

Joopin said:

Most weekends I'm game for a ride.

I had a good time there also. Except I drug my trailer out there and everything we found could have benn carried without it. Next year I think the trailer is staying home.

firemanharry said:
Joopin said:

You're too busy to ride. :roll: :lol: 8)

Tell me about it... I only have one more wedding to go to this year, it's in about 3 weeks. Oh and the Marthas Vineyard trip... After that I just gotta put my new exhaust on and I'm game.

Giving back to the place that provides the fun! Good show!

frankiefire702 said:
I had a good time there also. Except I drug my trailer out there and everything we found could have benn carried without it. Next year I think the trailer is staying home.

Bring it next year. You just happened to find a clean trail to hit. My trailer was so full that there would have been no way to get that stuff out of there without it. And i saw much larger stuff getting hauled out by other groups. And, yes.. that is a dryer on the trailer. I saw a 300 gallon oil tank, a trailer overloaded with tires, couches, etc....

image-missing.png

yeah and we found that stuff 100 yards from the end of the trail. I dragged an empty trailer most of the way.

Back