Please help!!

Ladybugher

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]I have a 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. About a month ago I jumped in early in the morning temp outside was about 40°. Jeep started right away and then all of a sudden I heard a ding and all my warning lights illuminated and the hot oil warning started flashing also if you drive it while the lights are flashing my speedometer and tachometer stop working. It did this a few more times sporadically over the next couple weeks. I had the battery replaced. Then one morning I turned it off during the episode since that sometimes it won't start for a few minutes and then it starts. The other morning it was very cold it didn't start at all. I kept trying and eventually all the lights illuminated and the hot oil flashed for 30 seconds but still wouldn't start. I had it towed to Jeep and it started for them. I have had it in and out of the jeep dealership for the last two weeks and they can't find anything wrong with it. Has anyone experienced anything like this and what was the fix? I know nothing about cars I'm just ready to pull my hair out with this.[/FONT]

Welcome to Jeepz.com

So, is it starting normally and running fine without any lights for them, or is that they see they symptoms but can't figure out what's happening?

From what I understand, the HotOil warning come up when your automatic transmission is overheating. I'm not sure if this is a legitimate problem though (since it happens as soon as you start it), however if your transmission really is overheating that would be a serious problem that needs to be fixed.

I'd take it to the local auto parts store and have them "pull your engine codes". This is a free way to get more information about the problem.

I'd take it to the local auto parts store and have them "pull your engine codes". This is a free way to get more information about the problem.[/QUOTE]

I find it strange if dealership never tried to pull any codes, or did they?. Possibly bad ground somewhere, maybe to your ecu/ecm or transmission, maybe where I would start. Maybe in a sensor(s) in the transmission or your transmission itself. I say this because over temp light goes on and tach and speedo cuts out. Next time over temp light comes on, try putting it in neutral for a while(barely above an idle) and see if the problem corrects itself. Might have an issue if it is really over heating or as I mentioned could be a sensor(s) or a loose connection or ground. Because you said it happened when you first start it leads maybe to the loose/bad ground idea or ecu/ecm. Not being a d* here, but your not driving around in 4 low right? These are some ideas that came to me, hope it helps

Back