posi-lok

Burger

Just installed a posi-lok system on my 95 wrangler because of issues I thought i was having with the vacuum system? The posi-lok works great but im still having issues with the four wheel drive? It is still not reliable when it comes to engaging? Could this be the transfer case? thanks guys!

Before you installed the PosiLok, when you shifted into 4WD, did the '4WD' dash light come on? If so, it means your problem is not the vacuum disconnect, but something else. That light is part of the vacuum disconnect system. As such, replacing the stock disconnect with the PosiLok wouldn't fix your 4WD if it was already working.

If this is the case, I'd look into your transfer case and your front differential.

yeah im thinking that it is the transfer case? The dash light has always came on, it is very reliable! haha! The jeep is in 4x4 now but it took me a few tries to get it there and there was a little grinding involved on one of the tries. Could the mechanical linkage need to be adjusted or do ya think that the transfer case needs a little maintenance?

ok so i put it in 4x4 and i knew it was in.....i turned the jeep off and let it set for about an hour or so got back in it and it was no longer in 4x4? How could this have happened? It didnt move the posi-lok was still engaged and i did not shift it out of 4lo? how could it have done that?

Sounds like your transfer case is not fully engaging 4wd. Could be the shifter linkage out of adjustment, or worn pads on the shift forks inside the transfer case.

Body lift blues???

Stick or auto trans?

The order in which you engage things and whether you are rolling slightly while engaging has an effect.

wife has a true track d44 in her postal jeep posi never kicks in how hard is it to replace clutch plates and where can I find them

IDEAS

I put it on jack stands and engaged the 4x4 the transfer case engages the front shaft turns but does not turn the front wheels......I know the front axle is connected because of the posi-lok.....so my the only thing left is the front chunk! I'm going to tear into it asap and rebuild it with a little help from a buddy! Any ideas or advice guys? thanks!

Back