Preventing rear end squatting on 2006 Wrangler Unlimited

azeagle

I own a 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. I sometimes tow a small Tent trailer(about 1200 lbs.) When I have it fully loaded my wrangler squats alot in the rear. I need some ideas on upgrades to help level it out. I have no lift and factory shocks. I've been looking at Skyjacker Nitro 8000, Rough Country 9000 etc. will these do the trick? I need some ideas!!!8)

Conventional shocks (such as Skyjacker Nitro 8000, Rough Country 9000, etc.) will not provide lift or support. If your shocks are worn, replacing them will dampen the movement of the suspension and help prevent premature wear and sagging due to worn shocks.
To provide lift you will need to add additional support. This can be done with coilover shocks, air shocks (are they still around?), lift kits, springs (additional or longer), or airlifts (as mentioned above). The support supplied by gas charged shocks is inconsequential and will not provide lift.

What is your tongue weight? Wranglers have a pretty low tongue weight limit (like around 200 pounds) . -John

Back