Pro Comp X Terrain???

Jeepin_guy95

Has anyone heard either way if the X terrain is better than the mud terrain. I'll be mounting 35x12.50 and just want to know if the X terrain is worth the extra cost.

The Mud Terrains have much larger lugs designed specifically for mud.

The Xterrains are designed as an all around all terrain tire with very good street manners.

So,
If you thing you'll be spending alot of time in the muck, the mud terrains are for you.

If you'll spend more time on the pavement like most of us and you'll see lots of different terrain, Rocks, dirt, sand, wet roads, snow and the like then the Xterrains would be youre best bet.

X- terrains are the bomb... I've been running them for over 20,000 on road/off road miles. I have been extremely happy with them, I have ran Super Swamper TSL'S, and BF Goodrich M/T on my other vehicles and they all pretty much suck compared to the X-terrains on my Jeep. I think that the cost is worth it due to the quieter ride, long lasting trad life, and the mean looking pattern, and they're awesome off road. Also, another neat fact about them is that they could be mounted backwards for optimal off road traction.

image-missing.png

Off-Road magazine did a report on many Mudders a couple months ago

X-terrain was labeled EXCELENT in mud when going forward but average if you have to back-up

Ok, this might get someone's Irish up but I'm not a fan of the Xterrains.

I have a friend who bought a set and he's not thrilled with the quickly declining tread. The fact that they are directional means they basically stink when trying to go backwards in mud, so if you're going in, you'd better get through or have a winch because backing out ain't gonna be easy. JP magazine did a mud tire test 1 or 2 issues ago and th xterrains did not do well in mud compared to the swampers or BFG MT's. I think the pro comp MT would have been a more appropriate tire to test, as the Xterrain is more of a "rock" tire than a mudder.

I say get the Mudders. Way more bang for the buck. Try Dunlop Mud rovers or the BF Goodrich MT if you're willing to pay a little more. The xterrains give you nothing extra but looks for alot more money.

Great looking tire, but it all depends on the wheeling you will be doing. If you do lots of muddy trails, listen to twisted and go with an M/T, if your a rock jock, then the Xterrain is good. Not a bad tire either way, there are so many choices and opinions out there, good luck.

I will have to stick to my Kumhos they take a 35+mph strike from a Full dump-truck and never loose pressure. :D you all may be hearing me say that MANY more times

Made in USA

whatever.... unless your buddy can't drive and lay off the gas at green lights.

I just noticed this might be take nthe wrong way... so J/K.

I have heard great things about them. I am a claw fan myself but my next major tire buy will be the truxus from intercore. tug

which truxus?? the radial or the goofy looking one? My buddy just put on the radials and he likes them a lot, but then again he was running bald Mickey Thompson Baja Belted before... those really do suck.

not to sound way off but I love my goodyear MT/Rs they have nice shoulder lugs not compared to a bogger but they hang with my buddys swampers on his Ranger and are a lot more square for more surface contact on the road and not too noisy unless it cold then they roar for about 15 miles I have been running them for about 20,000 and they ware well compared to the dick ceptics dirt grips that were on it when I bought it I would call them a great all around tire except on ice but then I have never seen a tire that was good on ice unless it has studs. I ride in south east va and we have everthing but rocks but they do well over tree stumps

Back