putting K5 axles under my CJ

kd5uwg

Well I obtained a K5 Blazer today that is going to be donating its engine to my 82 CJ. It will also be donating its axles since the front is a passanger side drop.
I have a couple guestions. 1) Does anybody know were to get leaf spring perches since the spring mounts are further out so I need to move em in to match the CJ mounts? 2) Anybody know what the axle options were for the K5 I believe its an 1985 ive been trying to identify em any way ya look at it they gonna be stronger than the amc20 i currently have? Im debating on rebuilding my T176 transmission or swapping in the auto outta the K5 Im not sure what the trasmission is but believe it to be a 700R4 I think. The transfer case is I believe a NP 208 the tag on it looks like a NP tag and says 208 and says gear ratio is 2.62 I think even if i change the transmission im gonna keep my Dana 300 tcase but cause I also just got a second shifter for it so im gonna build a twinstick setup for it. Good thing is fabarication and metal work dont scare me I just may nee hints and tips on this build up over time.

Calvin
82 CJ7
02 TJ

You can get perches anywhere lifts are sold. You probably have a d44 front and a 10 bolt rear(maybe a 12 bolt, but probably not) The 10 bolt is not really stronger then the amc 20 and are you keeping the fs width or planning to cut them down? Keep the 300 no matter what and junk the 208. Are you doing a cj 5 or 7 ? The 5 would be on the short side of things trying to put the 700r in.

im doing an 82 cj 7. yeah im keeping the dana 300. Probably gonna keep the axles full width have decided that far down the road yet.

Back