rear passeger sagging

flajeeper

I just got an 05 with 7500 miles on it girl driven so I know its not wore out. Why does it feel like i am riding a wheelie when I take off ?? specifically passenger side rear ?? it has a 3" body lift and 33's. Is it because the body is up higher and center of gravity is higher???:?| :?|

Last edited:

It shouldn't have much to do with the BL. I'd check the length of both rear springs with the jeep empty and sitting on level ground. You shouldn't see that kind of wear on a low mileage jeep unless it sat for a long time with the rear passenger spring compressed more than the others, ie. didn't sit on level ground.

You may be able to correct it by switching rear springs side to side. Can be done in about an hour.

The jeep sat most of its life in a warehouse at thier bussiness so it was pretty level! As for when , it does it under acceration when you let off its back up when you gas it it feels like its leaning back ! Im gonna put a
4"suspension lift on it soon (soon as my wifes not looking). so if its a bad spring I quess that will fix it!

Check to see if any of the control arm bushings are bad or arms are bent. You are describing a condition known in suspension terms as "squat." It refers to the pinion angle rotating upward under acceleration (pinion gear trying to climb the ring gear) due to a lack of the axle housing being properly being held fixed by the control arms.
A simple test: put it in reverse and gas it. If it's a problem with your control arms/bushings, the pinion angle should try to rotate down and jack the rear up (anti-squat). In your case it will likely just try to jack up the driver rear corner if you don't have a locker.
It's an odd problem to have at 5000 miles though.

well it was as simple as a bad shock!! I started asking questions before really looking. I just figured so new couldnt be anything like that. sorry to waist everyones time. I quess it just goes to show anythings possible. I gave it a good pressure washing and then drove it and when I got back I noticed wet fluid running down the right rear shock so its just blown. I probbly did it right after I got it . It wasnt used to be driven hard!!!! Thanks everyone!!

Back