rear sway bar links

cheech66

Any one have any recommendations for stock 2006 jeep wrangler rear sway bar links!!?? Will go OE but would like to replace with something after market and more durable. Tks in advance!!

Do you plan on lifting it? I'd wait until then, Stock should be fine for a stock jeep.

tks guys I was told by a mechanic that they needed to be replaced? however he did not say if it was the link or the bushings? this happened after i blew out my universal joint and tore up the yolks 6 hrs from home! i am going to bring her to my local mechanic but to say the least i have had to put some $ in to her over the last couple of days! tks for the info, does anyone know of a write up on replacing the rear sway bar links, or the bushings, i am a rookie at that kind of stuff. tks in advance i appreciate the input ya all!!!

Wait a minute - REAR sway bar links? The fronts I would suggest a JKS Quicker disconnect or if you have the money a Currie Anti-Rock (Or JKS Switchblade) as mentioned above. However for the rear, I've always heard that there isn't enough to be gained from disconnecting the rear to make it worthwhile. To that end, you'll notice that nobody sells disconnects or aftermarket sway bars for the rear. If you're lifting the Jeep the lift kit will most likely come with new longer sway bar links for the rear (and sometimes the front if it doesn't come with disconnects), but they aren't any different from stock other than being longer (and possibly different bushing material, like poly instead of rubber). That being the case, if you're not lifting the Jeep I would just put some new stock links on. I haven't looked but you can probably just get the bushings, which is in all likelihood the only thing you need (unless you actually broke or bent the link, which is unlikely). If your old bushings are shot they should come out easily and you should be able to press new bushings in fairly easily with either some channel-lock type pliers or a small clamp/vise. If you're replacing the whole links it's a fairly simple bolt on procedure, shouldn't take you more than a half hour. Hope this helps.

Back