Restoring Bumpers/Fenders

Chamberlin22

I have an 02 Wrangler and the fenders are starting to fade. I have looked on YouTube and found that Meguiar's Trim Detailer looks like it works rather well. Before i go buy some, has anyone used this or does anyone have any other suggestions or methods that might work better.

Thanks

use heat gun on your fenders,it'll restore them back to the original Like. This subject came up not so long ago,take a peek at some of the old threads here,and youll run across it.

I had seen videos of people doing that. But will the heat gun hurt the paint at all. i know if you just held it on the pait it would but just slightly hitting the paint wont damage? And where would be the easiest place to get a heat gun?

Thanks

Can get a heat gun from most places that sell paint. I did the heat gun trick and it lasted a short time then faded out blotchy. A few months ago I used Fusion paint in the can and have been wheeling twice and been through a few car washes and the flares still look new.

if your flares are painted I would talk to somebody at an auto body/ paint place. They should be able to point you in the right direction to get the paint looking good again.

IMHO, just take them off, hit them with a 3m pad, spray them with some flat black krylon fusion paint, stuff works awesome on plastic fenders and it has a flex agent in it so if you contact something, it won't flake and chip.

the heat gun trick and the meguires stuff are only temporary repairs. when they wear off in a couple weeks, especially with the heat gun, it will look worse.

Back