right front axle seal!! Leaking! ugh!

poooorboy

Right front axle seal leaking , is there anyone who has performed this joyus task!! HELP!
Thanks Steve.[addsig]

Sorry can't be of much help, I've only replaced rear axle seals. My right one leaks, and after I've replaced it twice, leaking again. The rear ones were a pain to replace and required some special tools, so I can only imagine the front ones are worse due to the extra 4x4 components on the axle, etc..
Just a thought.

-Nick[addsig]

THANK YOU very much for replying ! I figured no one was going to reply! Also what do you do just check your diff, fluids and make sure they are at a safe level? thanks again Steve, :-D [addsig]

Replacing the pass. side front axle seal depends on what type of Jeep you have. If you have the front axle disconnect, I believe the seal is just towards the pass. tire from the vacuum shift fork. If it's a solid pass. side axle shaft, the seal will either be next to the diff (a pain) or on the end of the axle tube closest to the knuckle.

To check the diff fluid, just pull the plug from the diff cover and make sure the gear oil is level with the bottom of the hole.[addsig]

Thank you bounty hunter ! Steve I will be putting my xj on my new jack stands and i shall give you some feed back on this project!! :-D [addsig]

Back