Rubicon or not?

Mark 47 willys

My wife wants a new "car" but can't decide! She has a Subaru:pROS: AWD (we have snow here), heated seats & windows/mirror's.
CONS: 4 cylinder (does not cut it in the mountains) road noise, tight for 4 people.
How does the Rubicon or other rate? Thank you!

If you're not gonna take it offroad, or more particularly offroad in the rocks, then you're wasting your money on a Rubicon. The Rubicon has many options your wife won't use. Your money would be more wisely spent on a different model Wrangler with a limited slip rear differential.

:agree: For a daily driver that will not see serious of road use it just isn't worth the money for the Rubicon option pakage. Any other wrangler will do just fine. The 4 door models are rather nice for four people.

If you want a daily driver that does not see a lot of off road I would stay away from the Rubi.If you plan on wheeling a lot but dont want to spend money on mods the Rubi is great.If you plan on wheeling and doing mods to the Jeep I wouldnt spend the money on the rubi if you plan on replacing the parts with stronger and better parts.

Buy a brand new 4 door Rubicon model, never take it off road, and sell it to me in a few years when you are ready for a new car. 8)

Seriously - for a wheeling Rig, a Rubicon is pretty nice because it has lots of great options for use in the rocks. I'd suggest you save the cash and get her a Sahara model that upgrades the looks and creature comforts instead (she'll like that better).

Back